Huskers Land Texas Transfer QB Casey Thompson

Comments from CT in committing to FAU.  Ouch

“The biggest thing for me is that a lot of people don’t know that I played through [injuries] the last two seasons and haven’t had a chance to play a full and healthy season,” Thompson said. “This time around, I’m looking for a coach who believes in me and an offensive line who can protect me.”

https://cornhuskerswire.usatoday.com/lists/twitter-reacts-to-casey-thompsons-commitment-to-florida-atlantic/?utm_campaign=trueanthem&utm_medium=trueanthem&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR2WkHDtZwUZgcQcOibyVDm8p6AADRDYZ30iuczR5MoKHaW6SGvcKeAaGEA

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, lo country said:

Not at all.  Strong parting shot for sure.

Who cares. We all knew the o-line sucked last year.  Casey wanted a place he was guaranteed the starting job, and that’s fine. He can now also play in a G5 conference where they don’t play the defense like what is played in the Big Ten. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 3
  • TBH 1
7 hours ago, Scofrosghost said:

Don’t blame him. The o line is atrocious still. And Rhule and co bringing in Simms is basically a big “ sorry kid, have fun holding a clip board or move along”…

Rhule was smart to get a transfer QB who has 2 years of eligibility and has more of the skill set that Rhule and Satterfield are looking for in a QB. Thompson could have competed with Simms for the #1 job, but I get why CT wanted to be at a school where he was assured of the starting spot. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
16 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Rhule was smart to get a transfer QB who has 2 years of eligibility and has more of the skill set that Rhule and Satterfield are looking for in a QB. Thompson could have competed with Simms for the #1 job, but I get why CT wanted to be at a school where he was assured of the starting spot. 

Agree 100%. I think w the style of offense we are running Sims is the better fit. Rhule made the right move. That said, objectively, CT also made the right move for him. Casey is too good to be riding the pine his last year of eligibility. 

• Plus1 2