Huskers Land Texas Transfer QB Casey Thompson

Sure hope he is healthy by 7-1. Summer passing league won’t be much if he can’t get in sync with the WRs.  

i like Purdy so I think either one will be the best QB in a decade.  That’s a good thing and will help give the offense a shot to sustain drives, not just move it between the 30s.  

Purdy is my early favorite but got to see em

play.  Both are very skilled guys. 

• Haha 2
  • 3 weeks later...

18 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Whipple said on the radio last night that CT "just started throwing again this past week and will be ready to go" for fall camp.

I am concerned about his hand.  I thought he had started throwing a while ago.  I'm assuming that he's still had pain in it up until recently and that's why he hasn't been throwing.  Well....what if he gets into fall camp and it flares up again?  Hopefully, the other QBs are good.  Surely we have someone between Purdy, Haarberg, Torres and Smothers that can step up if that happens.

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I am concerned about his hand.  I thought he had started throwing a while ago.  I'm assuming that he's still had pain in it up until recently and that's why he hasn't been throwing.  Well....what if he gets into fall camp and it flares up again?  Hopefully, the other QBs are good.  Surely we have someone between Purdy, Haarberg, Torres and Smothers that can step up if that happens.

He could also mean he's resumed throwing.  As far as I knew he was already on a pitch count.

4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Whipple said he just started throwing again.

It seemed that he had some kind of procedure post spring as photos of him in a cast/splint were circulated.

Frost guards injuries like the nuclear codes, so good luck getting any conformation about any injuries from North Stadium.

1 minute ago, Red Five said:

It seemed that he had some kind of procedure post spring as photos of him in a cast/splint were circulated.

Frost guards injuries like the nuclear codes, so good luck getting any conformation about any injuries from North Stadium.

So, he had it fixed.  Then, tried throwing and something else was wrong...so, he had to have it fixed again.  Now he's throwing again....hopefully, it's actually fixed now.  If not, then we probably will need to be looking at the other QBs.

33 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, he had it fixed.  Then, tried throwing and something else was wrong...so, he had to have it fixed again.  Now he's throwing again....hopefully, it's actually fixed now.  If not, then we probably will need to be looking at the other QBs.

I believe this to be the case.  It was injured last season.  But he was obviously throwing all through spring ball.  So either it was still bothering him or they wanted to make sure it was completely corrected so he had a minor procedure after the spring game so that it will be (hopefully) cleared up now and he'll be good to go.

Found on Rivals from some hater. 

For those tired of hearing about Nebraska. I’m one of you. There’s not a team, even IU, where id root for Nebraska against that team. Sorry.. 

One reason we shouldn’t fear Nebraska that’s noted in many previews is that thought that mark whipple, their new OC, really just benefitted from having Kenny Pickett in a very down ACC.

but the real reason is the huge pickup that is Casey Thompson! I mean come on, he threw for 2000 yards (uh ok) at Texas.  

much like diving into the 2004 football season at Purdue, let’s look at the passing yards allowed ranking of each of his opponents, then yards and td/int by Thompson in that game.  

44 Kansas state 17-23 170 yds 1 TD 1 INT 
Texas won 22-17 

40 West Virginia 4-14 29 yards 0 TD 1 INT 
Texas lost 31-23

81 Kansas 30-43 358 yards 6 TD 1 INT 
Texas lost 57-56

11 Iowa state 2-6 2 yards 0 TD 0 INT
Texas lost 30-7

65 Baylor 23-38 280 yards 2 TD 1 INT
Texas lost 31-24

36 Oklahoma state 15-27 179 yards 1 TD 2 INT
Texas lost 32-24

109 Oklahoma 20-34 388 5 TD 0 INT
Texas lost 55-48

86 TCU 12-22 142 yards 1 TD 1 INT
Texas won 32-27

119 Texas Tech 18-23 303 yards 5 TD 1 INT
Texas won 70-35

123 Rice 15-18 164 yards 2 TD 1 INT
Texas won 58-0

41 Arkansas 5-8 57 yards 0 TD 0 INT 
Texas lost 40-21

14 Louisiana 4-5 41 yards 1 TD 0 INT
Texas won 38-18

So he threw for 1049 yards 16 TD 2 INT against three teams rated 81st or below in pass defense, then in his 9 other games 1064 yards with 8 TD and 7 INT. What a pickup lol. I can see what all the hype is about now. By the way everyone outside of Nebraska in the Big Ten West was ranked in the top 46 in pass defense with an average ranking of 29th!! He even had a couple games where he sucked against s#!t pass defenses.  

I can’t remember a more glaring indicator in all my time following college football that a team was going to perform so differently from expectations. 

• Plus1 1