Huskers Land Texas Transfer QB Casey Thompson

20 hours ago, Mavric said:

I'm not sure how limited he is at this point.  But he's definitely missed a lot.  I can't imagine he's anywhere near game-ready from a knowledge-of-the-offense standpoint.

That's okay. It seems as if the starters, at times, aren't near game-ready from a knowledge of the offense standpoint either.

• TBH 2
21 hours ago, Mavric said:

I'm not sure how limited he is at this point.  But he's definitely missed a lot.  I can't imagine he's anywhere near game-ready from a knowledge-of-the-offense standpoint.

Pfft, as if he needs to know anything more than 'back up a mile and YOLO bomb it'!

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Husker03 said:

Fire up Haarberg!

I got to the game early enough to watch warm ups and Haarberg and Smothers were throwing in tandem. Haarberg throws bullets that are on target while Smothers was throwing wobblers that often required adjustments from the WR. The question is obviously about timing and decision making for Haarberg. 

4 minutes ago, The_Fan_Man said:

The question is obviously about timing and decision making for Haarberg. 

That is the question for all of our QB's though. At this point, I'd take my chance on the bullet thrower with a touch of mobility. I'm not joking. Either RPO it up with Smothers and a quick out game plan, or Haarberg for the Whipple effect. Purdy has no business being in the room. 

• Plus1 3
9 minutes ago, Husker03 said:

That is the question for all of our QB's though. At this point, I'd take my chance on the bullet thrower with a touch of mobility. I'm not joking. Either RPO it up with Smothers and a quick out game plan, or Haarberg for the Whipple effect. Purdy has no business being in the room. 

Here in lies the problem. Unless they already have packages in place for these guys, everything mentioned will not be effective this season. You just don’t install rpo in short time. These take off seasons for reads and timing. 

• Plus1 2