Huskers Land Texas Transfer QB Casey Thompson

On 4/30/2023 at 12:24 PM, Red Five said:

100% agree.  It's not like he was a NU lifer who was waiting in the wings for 2 or 3 seasons before taking over.  He wasn't going to be the starter at Texas, so he transferred here so he could start.  Now he's not going to be the starter here, so he's going to transfer to somewhere where he can start.  That is what QBs do in current day college football.

Right. So we're looking at a world without NU lifers, and the quarterback who drops in for a season will have to win big for us to celebrate or remember before he leaves and we start from scratch again. 

We will have to hope there's more continuity and loyalty in the OL to attract the mercenary QB for his star season, along with the mercenary receivers demanding their touches, and another 11 guys on defense who can make sure every game isn't just a shooting match. 

Sorry. I'm a little crabby today. 

• Plus1 1

35 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

So we're looking at a world without NU lifers, and the quarterback who drops in for a season will have to win big for us to celebrate or remember before he leaves and we start from scratch again. 

3 of our last 4 QB1s are transfers.  I'd say we are already in that world.

• Oh Yeah! 2
56 minutes ago, Red Five said:

3 of our last 4 QB1s are transfers.  I'd say we are already in that world.

I thought we were coming off 4 years of Taylor Martinez, 4 years of Tommy Armstrong, a one year Tanner Lee palate cleanser, then 4 years of Adrian Martinez before landing in the open market free-for-all last season. 

Nebraska is pretty rare in that (ignoring Tanner Lee) the three consecutive QBs became the 3 total offense leaders in the history of Nebraska football.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 1

10 minutes ago, Red Five said:

3 of the 4 QB1s starting with Taylor were 4 year starters (well, Talylor and Tommy were kinda 3.5 year starters since they overlapped in 2013).

3 of the 4 QB1s starting with Tanner Lee were transfers.

Both can be true.

Ah. So you're already including Sims. 

What if Adrian Martinez comes back to NU using his seventh year of eligibility? 

On 5/4/2023 at 12:58 PM, Guy Chamberlin said:

I thought we were coming off 4 years of Taylor Martinez, 4 years of Tommy Armstrong, a one year Tanner Lee palate cleanser, then 4 years of Adrian Martinez before landing in the open market free-for-all last season. 

Nebraska is pretty rare in that (ignoring Tanner Lee) the three consecutive QBs became the 3 total offense leaders in the history of Nebraska football.

12 years...  with three ninos...  is too much