***Official 2022 College Football Thread***

suh_fan93

I cannot wait to FINALLY see some college football this weekend.  The playoff & Bowl structure needs to get it together (wayy better) because it feels like college football ended 3 or 4 weeks ago.  Just saying, you have an amazing, fun product and you need to step it up.

Not saying I lost interest, but the past few weeks I forgot about it.  Thank you NCAA and whoever....

Michigan vs TCU

Georgia vs Ohio State

If I watch and flip through channels - back and forth - it's because the Bowl Season is so boring and awful anymore.  And it shouldn't be...

/rant

3 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

Yep, but bowl season is boring.  SMMFH  :cheers

Boring it is not. Nothing is predictable with bowl games nowadays. Players opting out, coaching changes…. You don’t know what to expect (or wager on). Some of the games are dogs but then you get one of these 3OT Liberty Bowls. KU comes back from down by 25 and things go crazy.

• Plus1 1
Just now, JJ Husker said:

Boring it is not. Nothing is predictable with bowl games nowadays. Players opting out, coaching changes…. You don’t know what to expect (or wager on). Some of the games are dogs but then you get one of these 3OT Liberty Bowls. KU comes back from down by 25 and things go crazy.

Yep, and you get match ups that College Ad's don't have the balls to make.

6 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

Yep, and you get match ups that College Ad's don't have the balls to make.

This Texas Tech-Ole Miss game is showing promise early.

The sad thing is, as much as we’ve wanted the Huskers to go bowling, we simply have not belonged. Tonight alone- KU, Arky, TT, Ole Miss, any of them would absolutely roll us right now. And these are just 6-6 to 8-4 teams.

I lived in Las Vegas for 10 years.  I went to a lot of UNLV games and the Las Vegas bowl.  I find it interesting see the different teams and traditions.  I also have been to a few MAC championship games and Detroit Bowls.  College FB is really cool when you look at it as a whole.  

My son plays D-3 FB in NY.  I enjoy seeing that level of FB too.  Kids playing for the love of the game.  No scholarships, NIL deals, no notoriety, no tons of free gear.   There are a group of guys in their 60's or 70's that wear the old school stuff and go to every game.  No glitz or glamour.  Just watching kids giving it their all.