***Official 2022 College Football Thread***

suh_fan93

This should be a fun thread for the season given that it's likely we'll be in the coaching market. Here's what I think opens up this year:

- Auburn: Harsin is either fired or heads back out west. Honestly, he may not be a bad candidate but he's not my first choice.

- North Carolina: I think this is Mack's last year as a HC.

- Arizona State: Herm is gone this year unless they win 9 games convincingly. They need to hit reset if they want to be on good footing for realignment.

- UCLA: The Chip is stale. I think now is the time if they want to hit the ground running in the big ten.

- Georgia Tech: Collins is going to be enrolling at Saban Academy. 

Some that I fear will open up as it will jeopardize our shot at a good hire:

- Michigan: Harbaugh and the administration are at an impasse and something will eventually give. He's walking a thin wire and it would be in his best interest to leave before reputational damage.

- Penn State: Franklin would absolutely kill it at ASU or UCLA, both of which I consider likely to open. If this opens it's Matt Rhule's.

- Florida State: I don't see us having to compete in the same pool for hires but this is a toxic job with bad intangibles. Still a big job and the Bowden tree has lots of branches.

- Colorado: I think they give Dorrell another year or two but they occupy the same space as ASU with less the mess. I think a lot of coaches would take this job.