Nebraska lands LSU WR transfer Trey Palmer

It was an incredible thing to see, with the connection downfield between Casey and Trey.  Easily the best we've seen in Husker uniforms.  

Even the quick sideline pass - catch - and run - concepts were good.  The middle stuff didn't work much, but oh well. 

Wish Trey the best and hoping we can muster up another downfield burner or two.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

Not sure how he was THIRD team all conference by the coaches, unless there's some butt hurt coaches out there. Dude finished the season comparable with Marvin Harrison Jr.

He had

• One less catch
  • Only 114 yards fewer
  • 3 less TDs
  • A higher average YPC
  • basically one fewer catch per game
  • and less than 10 yards less average yards per game

How, sway?!?

Receiving
Index Player G REC YDS TD LONG AVG/C REC/G AVG/G
1 Jones,Charlie (Purdue) 12 97 1199 12 60 12.4 8.1 99.9
2 Harrison Jr.,Marvin (Ohio State) 12 72 1157 12 58 16.1 6 96.4
3 Palmer,Trey (Nebraska) 12 71 1043 9 87 14.7 5.9 86.9
  • Plus1 2

17 minutes ago, alexhortdog95 said:

Not sure how he was THIRD team all conference by the coaches, unless there's some butt hurt coaches out there. Dude finished the season comparable with Marvin Harrison Jr.

He had

• One less catch
  • Only 114 yards fewer
  • 3 less TDs
  • A higher average YPC
  • basically one fewer catch per game
  • and less than 10 yards less average yards per game

How, sway?!?

Receiving
Index Player G REC YDS TD LONG AVG/C REC/G AVG/G
1 Jones,Charlie (Purdue) 12 97 1199 12 60 12.4 8.1 99.9
2 Harrison Jr.,Marvin (Ohio State) 12 72 1157 12 58 16.1 6 96.4
3 Palmer,Trey (Nebraska) 12 71 1043 9 87 14.7 5.9 86.9

Well......going by the stats, Marvin had slightly better numbers than Trey, so it's hard to see the disrespect here. 

You could make a case that Trey's numbers came on a team where he was perhaps the ONLY dangerous weapon, and who had to make things happen for a QB under constant pressure, unlike Marvin at OSU. Or you could say Trey's third team honors were still noteworthy and will not discourage NFL scouts who make their own evaluations. 

18 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Well......going by the stats, Marvin had slightly better numbers than Trey, so it's hard to see the disrespect here. 

You could make a case that Trey's numbers came on a team where he was perhaps the ONLY dangerous weapon, and who had to make things happen for a QB under constant pressure, unlike Marvin at OSU. Or you could say Trey's third team honors were still noteworthy and will not discourage NFL scouts who make their own evaluations. 

I believe there's more than just one WR per level of teams.  So, he got beat out by more than just Jones and harrison.  So, others beat him with worse stats.

• Plus1 1

26 minutes ago, jsneb83 said:

I also think part of it was Trey was pretty boom or bust this year. I think that 4 game stretch where he only had 97 yards total hurt him a lot.

I don’t disagree, but a lot of his “boom or bust” was getting the ball to him.  There were several play he was gonzo and the ball didn’t get there.  There were other games he just didn’t get the ball period.  Often QB had no time.

He probably didn’t have a first team year, but I hope he gets paid.  He’s good.

9 hours ago, soup said:

I thought I saw that Harrison had a streak of 90 some catches without a drop.  Or something ridiculous like that.  That'll do.

If he didn't have one against Michigan he didn't have one all year. The broadcast said something about him being the only wr with 1000 yds receiving and so many catches.