2022 Season Notes

Mavric

17 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

He was already a senior.  Does he have another year of eligibility available?  Do you know if he's interested in even coming back?  I know that you may not know the last question, but he's going to be 23 years old this September.

Covid year too, so if he does he can. I asked Evan Bland the question and he said he could if he wants too. I would think so, especially if he's interested in playing in the majors. Or trying too.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

This team has potential but it's a very inexperienced potential. The 2 potentially biggest starters (Anderson and Matthews) are playing so poorly right now.. Glad I'm not Bolt right now.. Seems there's a need for some BIG change. Maybe sit both of them today.. I know doing so might cost us but those two need to get their heads straight. Keep playing this poorly and we won't go even .333 in the B1G.

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, did this team just need some home games to get in their groove?

What changed all of a sudden?  

I mean ... I think we better do a little more than barely squeaking out games against low-level teams before we talk about too much groove.

• Plus1 1

22 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I mean ... I think we better do a little more than barely squeaking out games against low-level teams before we talk about too much groove.

The difference between being in a groove and being in a rut is largely mental...

37 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Mavric... wth???

Last night was huge.. both for confidence and team growth. I never, ever thought I'd see you being such a blatant Debbi downer because you are one of the top "good guys". Sure the wins are against low level teams but they are still wins that count. Coming from behind is always cause for celebrating regardless of competition. The chips were down, the end at hand and it didn't look good. Every fan had thrown in the towel but the young men stayed focused and in the end, shocked the state. That IS a big deal!!!

1 hour ago, Loebarth said:

Mavric... wth???

Last night was huge.. both for confidence and team growth. I never, ever thought I'd see you being such a blatant Debbi downer because you are one of the top "good guys". Sure the wins are against low level teams but they are still wins that count. Coming from behind is always cause for celebrating regardless of competition. The chips were down, the end at hand and it didn't look good. Every fan had thrown in the towel but the young men stayed focused and in the end, shocked the state. That IS a big deal!!!

Sorry, needing to score four runs in the bottom of the 9th - because we gave up 12 - to a team from the Southland conference that was 6-16 away from home last year doesn't exactly strike me as a sign that great things are coming.

• Plus1 2
7 hours ago, Loebarth said:

Mavric... wth???

Like I said...

• Haha 2
  • Fire 1