2022 Season Notes

Mavric

9 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Bragg is probably the only one that would see significant playing time next year, and even then it would be just bullpen work. This seems pretty calculated by Bolt. He does not want a repeat of 2022. 

Thanks. But didn't the season not go their way mostly bc of team issues, nutrition and injuries or do I have it all wrong as to why their season didn't pan out like they wanted to?

11 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Thanks. But didn't the season not go their way mostly bc of team issues, nutrition and injuries or do I have it all wrong as to why their season didn't pan out like they wanted to?

Lots of factors. But I think Bolt would tell you he didn't build a team that loves to compete and win. We lost some key arms to injury, but we looked lost at the plate at times, lost focus in the field, and absolutely did not know how to finish. 

• Plus1 1

Here is how the B1G tourney went down.

2022 Big Ten Baseball Tournament Central

With Michigan winning it all.

Only 2 teams make it to NCAA tournament, Maryland and Michigan (auto-birth).  I did not feel like making a new thread just for that.  I am surprised and disappointed Rutgers did not make it.  They had a solid year and played well enough IMO.

• Plus1 2
18 hours ago, admo said:

I am surprised and disappointed Rutgers did not make it.  They had a solid year and played well enough IMO.

That was my first thought, but took a look at their schedule and woooof. Played one top 50 school in their non-con and lost 15-10 (single game). Played 3 top 100 teams in conf play and went 3-7 against those teams (with 6 of those at home!). Rutgers with 1 top 50 win, compare that to a bubble team that got in, Dallas Baptist, who had 13 top 50 wins. B1G teams really need to revamp their non-con schedules, racking up wins against nobodies is gonna keep you home in June. 

• Plus1 1