Do you remember?

macroboy

I have a friend that is a Georgia fan. He's nervous. He's also so used to Georgia choking against Bama that he won't let himself believe.  I am thinking about how different these games are when they don't really mean anything and are just entertainment.   

It made me think about the 1995 Orange Bowl. Do you remember how nervous you were? I thought we could win that game but I was so used to getting crushed by our bowl game defeats that I was too scared to fully believe.

I also remember knowing at the 1st Schelsinger TD that we were going to win. Miami was tired. They were beat down.  They were trying to play assignment sound football but there were just too many....options! Both of those calls were examples of patient genius. Set up the whole game.

I wish we played games that mean something.

GBR

• Plus1 7

Did anyone else feel Georgia was celebrating the win WAAAAAYYYYY to early last night? There was like 54 seconds left, Alabama had all 3 timeouts and onside kicks seem to be far more successful in college ball than the pros. I mean if I am a Georgia fan I would been screaming at the TV...they didn't have some starting defense guys on the field in what turned out to be BAMA's last drive

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, UniversalMartin said:

Did anyone else feel Georgia was celebrating the win WAAAAAYYYYY to early last night? There was like 54 seconds left, Alabama had all 3 timeouts and onside kicks seem to be far more successful in college ball than the pros. I mean if I am a Georgia fan I would been screaming at the TV...they didn't have some starting defense guys on the field in what turned out to be BAMA's last drive

Yeah, I was picturing Smart yelling “go down! Go down!” during the pick-6 and wondering if that would actually bite them. 

Did he also grab him coming off the sideline and yell “i (blippin’) love you?” to the kid? Haha, it was a great exchange 

Why I hate Alabama is Saban's classlessness. I mean a minute left, no timeouts and still trying to run plays. C'mon man. You could've hurt the QB's ability to play in the NFL. STUPID!!! You lost, just down the ball, get it over, and say good game. I remember Nebraska being in the red zone at the end of games and Tom just had the QB keep kneeling.  Even Tom knew when we were beat and let the game end. I call Saban not doing it, not being able to have class. It was about as bad as what a Longhorn fan would do. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
15 minutes ago, SandhillshuskerW said:

I remember being very nervous when we won in '95 against Miami. For some reason, I wasn't nervous at all against Florida. I remember thinking we just knew we were going to beat them. 

I was very nervous throughout the whole 1994 game, until maybe the last minute. I felt sure we were going to lose AGAIN (would have been our 8th straight bowl loss), and was just crushed. Got hopeful when Schlesinger scored his first TD. Only got confident after his second. 

I was a bit nervous for the 1995 game through the first quarter. They looked good, and we looked OK. Then the 2nd quarter happened and all the suspense was out of the game.

I was pretty confident throughout the 1997 game. 

• Plus1 1

Then there was the 1993 season and the potential NC Orange Bowl against Florida State, and I went in pretty sure we were going to lose because that's just what we did to Florida teams, and so I'm not really stressed out and feeling relatively good that we were making a solid showing against a supposedly better team and then......Holy s#!t. Frazier completed that pass!  We could actually win this with a 40 yard field goal in the last second!

Then we didn't. 

But I wasn't crushed by that loss like I was the 1983 Orange Bowl.

• Plus1 3