Do you remember?

macroboy

15 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

But I wasn't crushed by that loss like I was the 1983 Orange Bowl.

When Bennett missed that FG I felt just like I did when the 2 pt. conversion failed against Miami in the '84 OB.

Whenever I see fans discounting kickers I always think of that missed FG that cost us another National Championship.

• Plus1 2

I remember where I was and who I was watching with for all three TO championships. 

1994, I'm right with everyone that going in, I had very little confidence.  I always thought, some day, we are going to beat a florida team, but never confident that we had a chance.  Then, it was close at halftime.  Then it was close throughout the second half.  Then Schlesinger went wild on two great runs and all of a sudden I was sitting there in disbelief that we finally did it.

1995, I had confidence.  I knew we could beat them, we just needed to do it.  Great game to watch.  I was so sick and tired of the experts all saying Nebraska couldn't keep up with Florida, especially on real grass, that I was pissed at the beginning of the game and sat in extacy for almost the entire 4 quarters.

1997, I had confidence going into the Tennessee game.

I'm still pissed about the officiating in the 1993 game.  It should have never even come down to the Bennett kick at the end.  Should have been 4 championships in 5 years.

Edited: because my memory wasn't as good as I thought it was.  :)

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, knapplc said:

I was very nervous throughout the whole 1994 game, until maybe the last minute. I felt sure we were going to lose AGAIN (would have been our 8th straight bowl loss), and was just crushed. Got hopeful when Schlesinger scored his first TD. Only got confident after his second. 

Same here. Remember Miami had a wide open receiver and he was over thrown. Then I think we sacked Costus three plays in a row 

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, TGHusker said:

Same here. Remember Miami had a wide open receiver and he was over thrown. Then I think we sacked Costus three plays in a row 

Yeah. Costa was eating dirt that whole fourth quarter. Their O Line was exhausted and our D Line was destroying them. 

Good times. 

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm still pissed about the officiating in the 1993 game.  It should have never even come down to the Bennett kick at the end.  Should have been 4 championships in 5 year

And don’t forget 96 the team could have been playing for a championship but food poisoning took out much of the team. I always suspected that Texas had a hand in it—but that may be my bias Texas hatred

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Yeah. Costa was eating dirt that whole fourth quarter. Their O Line was exhausted and our D Line was destroying them. 

Good times. 

Wasn’t it the Sport Illustrated cover of our Sack of. Costa for a safety?

Tom proved prophetic in his half time speech to the team

• Plus1 1

4 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Then there was the 1993 season and the potential NC Orange Bowl against Florida State, and I went in pretty sure we were going to lose because that's just what we did to Florida teams, and so I'm not really stressed out and feeling relatively good that we were making a solid showing against a supposedly better team and then......Holy s#!t. Frazier completed that pass!  We could actually win this with a 40 yard field goal in the last second!

Then we didn't. 

But I wasn't crushed by that loss like I was the 1983 Orange Bowl.

We were the extreme underdog in 94. If memory serves, 17 point dogs. 

so I guess we did win ATS 

9 hours ago, UniversalMartin said:

Did anyone else feel Georgia was celebrating the win WAAAAAYYYYY to early last night? There was like 54 seconds left, Alabama had all 3 timeouts and onside kicks seem to be far more successful in college ball than the pros. I mean if I am a Georgia fan I would been screaming at the TV...they didn't have some starting defense guys on the field in what turned out to be BAMA's last drive

I didn't until Alabama started marching right down the field. But, yes, Alabama somehow pulling off a :54 second comeback crossed my mind.

9 hours ago, Undone said:

Like it was yesterday.

Part of what made it so damn sweet when we won.

I texted my friend right after the game sealing pick 6 and asked if he was jumping up and down screaming. He said "yes, for a minute, and then I started crying. I've been waiting my whole life for this"

I get a little misty watching the 2 Schlesinger touchdowns even today.