Do you remember?

macroboy

6 hours ago, SandhillshuskerW said:

I remember being very nervous when we won in '95 against Miami. For some reason, I wasn't nervous at all against Florida. I remember thinking we just knew we were going to beat them. 

Yup. I was pretty confident we were going to beat Florida. I had no idea we were going to boat race them like that.

5 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I remember where I was and who I was watching with for all three TO championships. 

I'm still pissed about the officiating in the 1993 game.  It should have never even come down to the Bennett kick at the end.  Should have been 4 championships in 5 years.

I also remember where I was and who I was with. 

In the 96 game vs Florida, one of our friends from Florida, decided to watch the game with our Husker crew. He talked trash for a quarter and ate a s#!t sandwich for the next three. He then drank himself to puking. 

Feeling like we were jobbed the officials is what I remember most about Florida St.

4 hours ago, knapplc said:

Yeah. Costa was eating dirt that whole fourth quarter. Their O Line was exhausted and our D Line was destroying them. 

Good times. 

We always remember those games as Tommy Frazier and LP but those defenses were savage. Straight killers.

• Plus1 1

44 minutes ago, macroboy said:

In the 96 game vs Florida, one of our friends from Florida, decided to watch the game with our Husker crew. He talked trash for a quarter and ate a s#!t sandwich for the next three.

I was at a OU fan,s house watching also with a die hard Florida fan. The Florida fan was pretty confident after one quarter—then perfection happened. Perhaps no better played quarter in a championship game.   Totally destroyed the cocky spirit of Florida 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

I remember beating Miami and I had 2 teachers (was Junior in HS) call me the night of and say, "Congrats" next school day other people were telling me congrats..lol. The game against Florida the next year, went to my bball coach before practice and was like ,"hey, can we end early...you know...cause GBR"...and he basically said, "yeah I had already planned on ending early so you can catch the start" #benefitsofpumpingGBRinWashingtonState

• Plus1 2
21 hours ago, Alamo City Husker said:

Why I hate Alabama is Saban's classlessness. I mean a minute left, no timeouts and still trying to run plays. C'mon man. You could've hurt the QB's ability to play in the NFL. STUPID!!! You lost, just down the ball, get it over, and say good game. I remember Nebraska being in the red zone at the end of games and Tom just had the QB keep kneeling.  Even Tom knew when we were beat and let the game end. I call Saban not doing it, not being able to have class. It was about as bad as what a Longhorn fan would do. 

Really? That's the epitome of classlessness? So not forcing off underperforming recruits (before it was prohibited by NCAA) to the point of having an entire extra recruiting class every four years, SEC bagmen (before paying recruits was okay), and the other stuff was acceptable?

Honestly, this era of SEC "dominance" should have a big fat asterisk next to it, not unlike the Home Run records in the 90s. Because it's artificial AF.  

14 hours ago, TGHusker said:

Totally destroyed the cocky spirit of Florida 

Yup. Spurier had to eat soooooooo much crow after that game. Until they won the NC the following year. 

What's funny is that the 96 Florida team won the NC the year after we boat raced them, and the 98 Tennessee team won the NC a year after we boat raced them. 

• Plus1 1

15 hours ago, macroboy said:

In the 96 game vs Florida, one of our friends from Florida, decided to watch the game with our Husker crew. He talked trash for a quarter and ate a s#!t sandwich for the next three. He then drank himself to puking. 

We went to another couple's house - Florida fans. It was good conversation during the first quarter. We were commiserating with them at halftime, and I think we left right after the third quarter started. They were miserable. 

• Haha 1
53 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

Really? That's the epitome of classlessness? So not forcing off underperforming recruits (before it was prohibited by NCAA) to the point of having an entire extra recruiting class every four years, SEC bagmen (before paying recruits was okay), and the other stuff was acceptable?

Honestly, this era of SEC "dominance" should have a big fat asterisk next to it, not unlike the Home Run records in the 90s. Because it's artificial AF.  

Yup. Spurier had to eat soooooooo much crow after that game. Until they won the NC the following year. 

What's funny is that the 96 Florida team won the NC the year after we boat raced them, and the 98 Tennessee team won the NC a year after we boat raced them. 

Bro, are you originally from Texas or something? I am in agreement with you, and do not understand your retort. I was saying Nick Saban was classless for playing the quarterback late with a minute left. There is plenty to rag on with him, but again I have no earthly idea what you are insinuating. 

32 minutes ago, Alamo City Husker said:

Bro, are you originally from Texas or something? I am in agreement with you, and do not understand your retort. I was saying Nick Saban was classless for playing the quarterback late with a minute left. There is plenty to rag on with him, but again I have no earthly idea what you are insinuating. 

Sorry, wasn't intending to slag on you. I just think Saban's era is chock full of scuzzy things he's done at the program level that's been embraced by the SEC (until the NCAA prohibited it). Playing a QB in the late stages of a failed campaign that's leaving for the draft...unless the kid signed off on it, that's low as well. 

• Fire 1

I do remember Steve Spurrier's "Fun-N-Gun" offense, their cockyness, high powered offense, and I believe they were the Vegas favorites over the Huskers (thinking like 7?).  I was absolutely nervous.  But a few days before the game there were interviews with players for both sides, and coaches....and when they interviewed Frazier, I can't remember exactly what he said, but his ultra confidence was so incredible it won me over, and I knew the Huskers would win.  He might have said nonchalantly, matter of fact, that we are the best team, Florida should be nervous and we will win.