Huskers land TAMU RB transfer Deondre Jackson

1 minute ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

This guy might run for 1k yards next season, but I'd be curious what the staff has seen that makes them think he'd be an upgrade over Ervin, Yant or Johnson.

It better be a lot, because Ervin looked good before his injury, and Yant looked like a terror waiting to be unleashed with a little more experience. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Decked said:

The only way I see that as worthy of a take is for someone to leave (Stepp?)

would much rather have Ky Thomas or Ducker. Hope that means someone is transferring out. Lot of other ways I would’ve used that. 

This one doesn't make sense to me.  He may end up being the guy we have been searching for and possibly a stud, but from the outside, I don't get it.

We are bringing a guy with limited  experience into a crowded room of 3-4* guys.  This only becomes more "muddled" IMO.

I would have use this for an OL or DB recruit

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2
3 minutes ago, RedSavage said:

One would think this means someone might be leaving...

Also, Rahmir was good, not great.  Ervin was very meh, IMO.  Yant could be good and showed flashes but sounds like he has a lot of non-football issues.  Stepp hasn't done a whole lot.  Maybe we're still be looking for "the guy".

I fail to see how anyone can make a good judgement call with our RBs because of how bad our O line was.

Also, didn't I read somewhere that people were speculating that this guy would be more of a full back?  Sorry if this question gets all the fullback lovers so excited they can't stand up at work.

• Plus1 3