Huskers land TAMU RB transfer Deondre Jackson

8 minutes ago, Decked said:

Some kind of last minute academic snag. Can’t believe it took that long to figure that out…dumb. 

sounds like TOS thinks we are gonna get the JUCO back but I thought he wasn’t visiting 

Players wanted this. It’s business. They didn’t want to have to stick with one program for 4 years and they want paid. Well now you get it. This is like getting cut after training camp. Land with another team if you are good enough.  Hell, even the NFL has players sign contracts. NCAA wanted the Wild West.  Here it is. 

Frost has an obligation to you and me to bring in the best talent that he can. There will be casualties, but I’d be much more upset if he wasn’t bringing the best guys he can.  I’d also be much less apt to pay for my new 25k/year box seat. :p

47 minutes ago, theknife said:

Rivals is doubling down on their report. He committed and announced it before everything was finalized. He left A&M not being academically in good standing  so his options are to sit out a year or return to A&M and work to get academically eligible and transfer at the end of Spring.

If Jackson is staying, somebody in the program should put out a quick tweet to confirm as its never good to have something false linger for a new member in the program.

1 minute ago, HuskerNation1 said:

If Jackson is staying, somebody in the program should put out a quick tweet to confirm as its never good to have something false linger for a new member in the program.

The rumors are true, he’s just saying he’s still committed and will be here in May. Personally, I think the staff will decide that after Spring.

Jackson responded to a Journal Star message confirming that he will not be with the program this spring, saying, "No I won't be at Nebraska in the spring but will be in May."

15 minutes ago, theknife said:

The rumors are true, he’s just saying he’s still committed and will be here in May. Personally, I think the staff will decide that after Spring.

Jackson responded to a Journal Star message confirming that he will not be with the program this spring, saying, "No I won't be at Nebraska in the spring but will be in May."

Ok thanks for the update!

6 hours ago, lo country said:

Can't agree more.  If it was him, so be it.  BUT if NU did that, complete BS.  Callahan's twitter saying he was getting ready to move to Lincoln.  Looks like that it was on NU.  

He's not currently eligible academically at aTm.  Supposedly, we didn't find this out until he got here yesterday.  I don't know whos side the fault is on for that.

Sounds like at the very least he made the public announcement before everything was finalized.  

I don't remember if the coaches made any comments on Twitter, etc. when he committed.  Not that that really means anything but it would be interesting to know.  If they didn't say anything it might have been unexpected.

• Plus1 1