Huskers land TAMU RB transfer Deondre Jackson

3 hours ago, Mavric said:

He's not currently eligible academically at aTm.  Supposedly, we didn't find this out until he got here yesterday.  I don't know whos side the fault is on for that.

Sounds like at the very least he made the public announcement before everything was finalized.  

I don't remember if the coaches made any comments on Twitter, etc. when he committed.  Not that that really means anything but it would be interesting to know.  If they didn't say anything it might have been unexpected.

I didn't watch A&M, but wonder if his lack of playing time was related to the academics instead of his abilities.  Crazy for sure.  His Tweet in response sounded positive.  Navigating the portal by all parties will take some time I'm sure.  That will probably become a position of need.  A portal recruiter and a NIL guru.  A new era for sure.

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, lo country said:

I didn't watch A&M, but wonder if his lack of playing time was related to the academics instead of his abilities.  Crazy for sure.  His Tweet in response sounded positive.  Navigating the portal by all parties will take some time I'm sure.  That will probably become a position of need.  A portal recruiter and a NIL guru.  A new era for sure.

Tough to say.  Might have been part of it.  But I think he just got passed up by some very good backs. 

A&M has recruited like crazy the last few years.  Their leading rushers this year, in order:

Spiller (Jr) was a mid-four-star

Same with Achane (So)

Daniels (Fr) was a four-star

LJ Johnson (Fr) was nearly a five-star

They signed a high-four-star this year.  Pretty crowded and pretty young.  So if he wasn't getting it done in the classroom, I'm guessing they weren't losing any sleep over it.

• Thanks 1