JUCO RB Anthony Grant [Nebraska Commit]

BIG ERN

To which school will Grant commit?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Grant commit?

• Nebraska
    • Tulsa
    • New Mexico State
    • New Mexico
    • UMass

This poll is closed to new votes

So does this mean we are likely out on getting Ajay Allen or Trevonte Citizen? We already have 7 scholarship RB's on roster counting Jackson and I don't see us picking up an 8th. I also don't see Ervin, Rahmir, or Yant transferring. Stepp is a maybe but I don't think he has his graduate transfer available so I don't think he will. 

• Plus1 1

24 minutes ago, FearAmeer said:

So does this mean we are likely out on getting Ajay Allen or Trevonte Citizen? We already have 7 scholarship RB's on roster counting Jackson and I don't see us picking up an 8th. I also don't see Ervin, Rahmir, or Yant transferring. Stepp is a maybe but I don't think he has his graduate transfer available so I don't think he will. 

There is likely to be a lot of attrition. Count me skeptical that Jackson ends up here & that somebody doesn’t leave before then on the roster.

5-11 — 200 LBs is a nice size tail back but a bit under a power back really.  He’s developed so not going to want to add much weight imo.  Maybe a general purpose type.  Seems like another RB that blends in with the group - not standing out in any particular way.  But we need a guy who can stay out there in most any down and distance situations (block, run and catch).  

3 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

5-11 — 200 LBs is a nice size tail back but a bit under a power back really.  He’s developed so not going to want to add much weight imo.  Maybe a general purpose type.  Seems like another RB that blends in with the group - not standing out in any particular way.  But we need a guy who can stay out there in most any down and distance situations (block, run and catch).  

He’s supposedly closer to 210 than 200. Maybe 205. 

2 hours ago, HuskermanMike said:

I believe he has two years left.

2018- played at FSU

2019- Redshirted

2020- Didn't count

2021- Second year

That leaves two years left for him. I believe we got him to not overload our numbers with our underclassman. 

Nice get! I believe it will be Johnson, Ervin, Grant, and some Yant as our RB rotation.

He said he has two years of eligibility so this would seem to be correct.

51 minutes ago, Cobra Kai said:

His tape in juco is phenomenal.  Good vision,  good burst, good top end speed.  Good hands out of the backfield.

Granted, the holes were mostly ginormous...but the guy clearly has skills.  If we don't ruin him, he could be a friggin steal.  

I guess I find myself not being too excited.  We've gotten top JUCO players at certain positions before that come in and don't do anything.  Hope he's different.

• Fire 1
35 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I guess I find myself not being too excited.  We've gotten top JUCO players at certain positions before that come in and don't do anything.  Hope he's different.

Greg bell was more than serviceable.   He proved that at San Diego state.  Mills was good enough, just couldn't stay healthy.  

RBs typically have the easiest transition from one league to the next.  I'm just hoping our new rb coach gets that room in order.  

I like the signing.  But like you said...could be a bust.

I am gonna buy low with Grant.  Very little risk, high reward.

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Sooo....neither worked out for us.

I guess I just choose not to put all juco players in the same box.  It's OK that you do that, it's just not for me.

We screwed up bell.  Mills got dinged a bunch...two different stories.  Grant has a chance to provide immediate help at a position of need.  

I'm happy he's coming here & can't wait to see what he brings to the room.