2022 Record - Call Your Shot

knapplc

Poll Title  

102 members have voted

1. 1. How many regular season wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/27/2022 at 04:59 AM

7 minutes ago, jager said:

Why are most people pick Indiana as a loss? They were the only team in the BIG that didn't win a conference game last year.

Not sure if this is why, but Frost is 0-5 off a bye week.  So that is Indiana and Illinois this year.

2019 Indiana L

2019 Wisconsin L

2020 Northwestern L

2021 Purdue L

2021 Wisconsin L

• Plus1 3
55 minutes ago, CyHawk said:

The bigger question may be how many wins will it take for Frost to keep his job? 4? 5? My bet is that they start 0-2 and end the season with 5 wins, with one of them possibly being against Iowa, as Frost will be really motivated. 

giphy.webp

• Plus1 4
  • Oh Yeah! 1

4 hours ago, CyHawk said:

The bigger question may be how many wins will it take for Frost to keep his job? 4? 5? My bet is that they start 0-2 and end the season with 5 wins, with one of them possibly being against Iowa, as Frost will be really motivated. 

I know you didn't bother to look at the schedule but if we start 0-2, (which leads to 1-3 as we aren't losing to North Dakota at home then beating Oklahoma), Frosty will be shown the door shortly after 10/1. Doubt he makes it to Iowa in that scenario. 

7 wins I think, I know that's along ways from 3 wins but I can't take another losing season. 

Well I probably can, but I'd rather not. 

Northwestern - W

North Dakota - W
Georgia Southern - W
Oklahoma - L
Indiana - W

Rutgers - W

Purdue - W
Illinois - W
Minnesota - L
Michigan - L
Wisconsin - L
Iowa - L
On 1/13/2022 at 8:28 AM, jager said:

Why are most people pick Indiana as a loss? They were the only team in the BIG that didn't win a conference game last year.

The last time the Huskers played them, at home, it was a loss.

Frost’s record against the B1G kind of speaks for itself.  I hope they win more than 4 or 5, but I don’t see any reason to count on it.

• Plus1 3

I think 4-8/5-7 is a real possibility.  A lot of unknowns with scheme and staff.  Key losses on D and a new center.  I think 7-5 is the ceiling.  Hope I am wrong. Not thinking it's Bowl or Bust, but would be great to get to a bowl, recruit kids who have actually seen us go bowling in their HS career, but more importantly get the extra practices going into 2023.

• Plus1 2

Northwestern - W

North Dakota - W

Georgia Southern - W

Oklahoma - L

Indiana - W (it's a tossup)

Rutgers - W (another tossup)

Purdue - L

Illinois - L

Minnesota - L

Michigan - L

Wisconsin - L (this will mean we've gone a decade since beating them) 

Iowa - L

I have them going 5-7. They could easily implode once again and hit a floor of 3-9. The ceiling is 7-5. Frost won't be fired even though it's painfully obvious this experiment had been running several years too long.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
On 1/12/2022 at 12:12 PM, LumberJackSker said:

Nebraska could be bad and still win 6 games and go to bowl game against this schedule. Then the AD is in a tough spot on whether or not you keep Frost. 

Minimum to keep job is 6 wins/bowl game. If that occurs than bare minimum for 2023 is 8 wins..if that is achieved 2024 minimum is 9 wins. And if that is achieved 2025 is s bonus year with no win expectations...but you better win.