2022 Record - Call Your Shot

knapplc

Poll Title  

102 members have voted

1. 1. How many regular season wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/27/2022 at 04:59 AM

2 hours ago, UniversalMartin said:

Minimum to keep job is 6 wins/bowl game. If that occurs than bare minimum for 2023 is 8 wins..if that is achieved 2024 minimum is 9 wins. And if that is achieved 2025 is s bonus year with no win expectations...but you better win.

I could see him getting a lifetime deal if we win 6 in 22 and 8 in 23. People will annoint him if that happens.

• Plus1 1

On 1/15/2022 at 11:01 PM, runningblind said:

I know you didn't bother to look at the schedule but if we start 0-2, (which leads to 1-3 as we aren't losing to North Dakota at home then beating Oklahoma), Frosty will be shown the door shortly after 10/1. Doubt he makes it to Iowa in that scenario. 

My bad, I was thinking North Dakota State. North Dakota is a patsy and should be an easy win. 

• Plus1 1

Probably Win: Anything can happen on any given Saturday, but I feel pretty safe saying these are probably wins. 

- NW

- North Dakota
- Georgia Southern

- Indiana

- Rutgers

50/50: No clue on these. Wouldn’t be shocked if we beat all of them, also wouldn’t be shocked if we lost to all of them. Some of these teams have decent pieces, but I don’t think they’re the murderers row that some fans make them out to be. Improve ST, OL and Red Zone efficiency and I’d like to think we could nab 2 from this group. 

- Purdue

- Illinois

- Minnesota

- Iowa

Probable Loss: I doubt we win any of these, but I won’t fall out of my chair in disbelief if we win. I’d like to think we get 1 of these. 

- OU

- Michigan

- Wisconsin

At the moment, I think 8-4 is not only attainable but kinda necessary. This program and fan base also need one of those 8 to be against OU, Mich, Wis or Iowa. 6-6, or 7-5 would obviously be an improvement on paper, which I’d take over 3-9 any day. But a lame Bowl Game wouldn’t be enough to wash away the pain of losing to Iowa and Wis again. 

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

I get this is a fan board, but after 4 straight losing seasons it's impressive that only 20% are predicting another losing season.

20% losing season

60% 6-8 wins

20% 9+ wins

The probability of us continuing to underperform is statistically very low.  If you break down some of the individual areas last year we underperformed so much we set records doing it.  It is also very unlikely for a team to lose as close as we have lost again in 2022.  The stats say we will win a few of those next year.  I don't think we will be great but we should easily be a 7-8 win team and could be a 9-10 win team.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Red Five said:

I get this is a fan board, but after 4 straight losing seasons it's impressive that only 20% are predicting another losing season.

20% losing season

60% 6-8 wins

20% 9+ wins

Agreed.

Just now, Hilltop said:

The probability of us continuing to underperform is statistically very low. 

You must be new here. :lol:

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, runningblind said:

Agreed.

You must be new here. :lol:

Lol, not at all. Been cheering them on since the late 70s.  I just choose to not get caught up in the negative emotions.

Let me ask you this.  What do you think the Vegas over/under for wins will be?  My guess is around 7.5.  A lot of people on this board say they would take the under right now but guessing by summer, most would hesitate.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Hilltop said:

Lol, not at all. Been cheering them on since the late 70s.  I just choose to not get caught up in the negative emotions.

Let me ask you this.  What do you think the Vegas over/under for wins will be?  My guess is around 7.5.  A lot of people on this board say they would take the under right now but guessing by summer, most would hesitate.

I would say 6.5. It has seemed low every year but they've had us pegged pretty well. I'll probably be feeling better come summer even though my head will scream at me not too, ha.

I agree the law of averages says we can't keep underperforming but man, we just find ways.  

1 hour ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

O/U 6.5

2 hours ago, runningblind said:

I would say 6.5. It has seemed low every year but they've had us pegged pretty well. I'll probably be feeling better come summer even though my head will scream at me not too, ha.

I agree the law of averages says we can't keep underperforming but man, we just find ways.  

Side bet?  It will be higher than 6.5. 

Your pissed off fandom says it will be 6.5 but in reality we know there are 6 relatively easy wins on the schedule so Vegas will be slightly above that.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
18 hours ago, Hilltop said:

Side bet?  It will be higher than 6.5. 

Your pissed off fandom says it will be 6.5 but in reality we know there are 6 relatively easy wins on the schedule so Vegas will be slightly above that.  

We thought the same thing last year and then got beaten by Illinois and their backup QB. Some fans need to realize that there are no “relatively easy wins” anymore. I’m sure fans of other teams look at their schedule and consider Nebraska a “relatively easy win.”

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 2
8 hours ago, Hilltop said:

but in reality we know there are 6 relatively easy wins on the schedule

What reality is this?

I'm not trying to be a debbie downer, but statements like that are crazy.  We haven't won more than 3 conference games since 2016, yet 4 conference games this year are "relatively easy wins"?

• Plus1 2