2022 Record - Call Your Shot

knapplc

Poll Title  

102 members have voted

1. 1. How many regular season wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/27/2022 at 04:59 AM

If they catch some early momentum I can see us having a pretty good year with 8-10 wins.  The schedule really is manageable.  Oklahoma will be in massive rebuild mode, and we get them at home.  Reasonable chance we can win that game.  6-0 or 5-1 over the first half and split the remaining feels possible.  I'm going with 9-3 and Frost saves his job for the time being.  

• Haha 1

Northwestern - W
North Dakota - W
Georgia Southern - W
Oklahoma - L
Indiana - W

Rutgers - W

Purdue - W
Illinois - W
Minnesota - L
Michigan - L
Wisconsin - W
Iowa - W

I will predict an Iowa win every year.  I refuse to accept that they are going to beat us....again.

Also, if the first half of the season goes as I show here, I believe they will have confidence to go into the final stretch and win the last two.

• Oh Yeah! 3

22 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

Northwestern - W

North Dakota - W

Georgia Southern - W

Oklahoma - L

Indiana - W

Rutgers - W

Purdue - L

Illinois - W

Minnesota - L

Michigan - L

Wisconsin - L

Iowa - L (but please be a win)

6-6

Xmas32 hit my 6-6 prediction exactly.  I will allow Frost to keep his job at 7-5 if that extra W is @ ioWa

• Plus1 1

Negatives:

Complete revamp of the offense (QBs, RBs?, WRs?, O line, coaching).

Unknown depth charts in many spots (STs, Offense and some defense). 
Roster turnover is high. 

Positives:

Some good coach hires presumably.

Several promising recruits.  
Frost is awakened to many issues with a full off season to ‘fix’ them.  He has plenty of time and help to get it done. 
Fans remain generally supportive so far. 
Schedule could be favorable IF the have the luck of the Irish to start. If not. Danger abounds.  
It’s hard to say because I have never before have been pessimistic until now but the range is 2-20 to as high as 9-5 with an easy bowl opponent.  I voted 4 wins. Likely wins - GaSo, ND.  Likely losses - OU, MI, WI, Ia, Mn.  Rest are tossups.  Frost has lost virtually all the tossups, none of the tougher ones, and some of the games we should have won - four years running.  And Northwestern is not that bad two years in a row.  

I feel like there has been value added in the areas that were the most glaring.  Special Teams and the hidden yardage game contributed greatly to 3-5 of the losses last year.  WR play was up and down last year a couple of drops lead to the opponent getting extra possessions and in one score games all the possessions matter.  I think we all felt that the 2021 was on the cusp of something big last year.  I think we will be rewarded for not blowing it up and starting from scratch this year.  8 wins!