Updated 2022 Football Schedule

Looks like a mixed bag:

• We had two bye weeks in October, now there's one right after non-Con and another before we start the back five stretch of the schedule. The bye week placement is better than both in October, IMO. 
  • We kinda got hosed on the last five games of the year--we had Rutgers and Pur-f*****g-due in the mix (IIRC), now we get Illinois and Minny...and then @ Michigan, Wisky, and @ Iowa. Oof...that's decidedly worse.

Otherwise, just FYI. Make sure your (true) friends plan their weddings and events for the new bye weeks. 

• VectorVictor changed the title to Updated 2022 Football Schedule

5 hours ago, VectorVictor said:

Looks like a mixed bag:

• We had two bye weeks in October, now there's one right after non-Con and another before we start the back five stretch of the schedule. The bye week placement is better than both in October, IMO. 
  • We kinda got hosed on the last five games of the year--we had Rutgers and Pur-f*****g-due in the mix (IIRC), now we get Illinois and Minny...and then @ Michigan, Wisky, and @ Iowa. Oof...that's decidedly worse.

Otherwise, just FYI. Make sure your (true) friends plan their weddings and events for the new bye weeks. 

The end might be worse but that's the best first two months I can imagine.  A legit chance to build momentum and get this going. If they can't manage that then that's a huge problem for Frost.

13 hours ago, runningblind said:

The end might be worse but that's the best first two months I can imagine.  A legit chance to build momentum and get this going. If they can't manage that then that's a huge problem for Frost.

Yup. I agree. By all rights, we *should* be 6-1 or 7-0 before we head into that final five week stretch...but honestly, I'll settle for 5-2 at this point, and hope we can at least get Illinois and/or Minny and go bowling. 

Overall, I thought the old schedule was much better. The byes fell right and I’d rather have Purdue in Lincoln vs Wiscy.  Wisconsin probably gonna beat us home or away and if Wiscy cancels due to Covid (hope bot but it has happened once), I’d rather not lose another home game and the $$$ therefor. The last 5 games, when injuries start to pile up, get tough. And having two weeks for Mich would have been great.  If the coaches need to ‘fix’ things after all the new things they bring in this spring and fall camp, the earlier the better imo.  

That Ireland trip is scary too!   A win is a must imo.  NW will come in with new stuff so it could be a trap.  Travel issues are always a risk. Coming back to a short week too! 

And why did all this change anyway?  Big Ten gonna change 2023 and fwd as well?