Survey on Memorial Stadium "Modernization"

Mavric

46 minutes ago, knapplc said:

What is your attitude toward the future sale of alcohol (e.g., beer, seltzer, wine) at Memorial Stadium during football games?

Very positive  
Somewhat positive
Neutral
Somewhat negative
Very negative

Guess which one I chose. :cheers

Very negative?

8 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

How specifically do you get screwed?  I sat in the north endzone two times last year.  They have a heck of a lot better accommodations than the south stadium.

We have to turn around to view the big screen, or turn left/right to view the small screens. We need another big screen on the south stadium.

My requests are simple. Bucket seats and beer.

I’m assuredly in the minority here, but I kinda like the Game Day stadium struggle. To me, that’s part of the charm. I want my stadium to feel like a stadium. If I want to be perfectly comfortable with good WiFi and all that, I’ll stay home. I went to Globe Life Field for a Rangers game last fall, and while the stadium itself was new and impressive, it just kinda had a soulless presence. Felt less like going to a game and more like going to a mall. 

• Plus1 3
9 minutes ago, Fru said:

I’m assuredly in the minority here, but I kinda like the Game Day stadium struggle. To me, that’s part of the charm. I want my stadium to feel like a stadium. If I want to be perfectly comfortable with good WiFi and all that, I’ll stay home. I went to Globe Life Field for a Rangers game last fall, and while the stadium itself was new and impressive, it just kinda had a soulless presence. Felt less like going to a game and more like going to a mall. 

I think that's the problem they're worried about.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Hilltop said:

Just better seats.  I honestly think beer is a bad idea but whatever.  

Maybe a specific section where beer is allowed, a beer garden as someone suggested.  I get so annoyed at the sloppy drunks at NFL games, especially if there are kids present.  Beer everywhere in the stadium probably isn't the best idea but with the prices, limits to 2 per person at the stand and how freaking long it takes to get to concessions maybe it wouldn't be an issue.

8 minutes ago, MinnwiscowaSker said:

Yes it is lol. 

But to that end, no amount of traffic flow improvements or distractions during TV breaks is going to make me say “Gosh, this experience is infinitely better.” Neb has been a game day  attendance anomaly across any level of sports for years now. Get back to competing and winning the West, and any concerns about attendance will disappear. 

• Plus1 1
13 minutes ago, MinnwiscowaSker said:

I don't have wifi at the top of my priorities.  However, it is maddening when you have constant TV commercials and reviews of plays by the officials and you can't even check stats on your phone or injury updates on twitter.  To me, that keeps me involved in watching the game during those down times.  It's not a distraction from watching the game.  It adds to it.

I don't know how South Stadium wouldn't be a huge part of any potential upgrades. That side of the stadium is trash. Not to be too big of a homer, but if they need ideas on how to incorporate concessions and/or a party deck with viewing the game, they need to go take a look at the Viking's US Bank Stadium. That place is incredible. A ton of standing room viewing from the concession, bathroom, and lobby areas. Televisions everywhere. If they could start from scratch on the south side, I don't know why that wouldn't be possible.

27 minutes ago, Fru said:

This is amazing.  As I'm reading and agreeing, I thought "he should see Globe Life Field".... and then you mentioned it.  That blew me away.   And yes it does have that mall feeling to it.  It's almost too nice and too comfortable for a sporting event. 

I like the idea of beer sales because I think the home fans could cheer louder for us and against our opponents, for a real "hostile environment" and home field advantage.  We must protect this house!  It's funny when teams and announcers call it a hostile environment.  That only happens on game day message boards lol

• Plus1 1
29 minutes ago, runningblind said:

Maybe a specific section where beer is allowed, a beer garden as someone suggested.  I get so annoyed at the sloppy drunks at NFL games, especially if there are kids present.  Beer everywhere in the stadium probably isn't the best idea but with the prices, limits to 2 per person at the stand and how freaking long it takes to get to concessions maybe it wouldn't be an issue.

Agree.  When I go to games I always take kids along.  There are enough drunk people as it is but they typically sober up as the games goes.  With beer available there to keep the buzz going they will be a pain imo.  You are probably right though, long lines will likely limit consumption.