Survey on Memorial Stadium "Modernization"

Mavric

5 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Hmmm...I just realized I received the survey.  Must be because I purchased the three game package last year.

I'm officially a big dog now with Husker Athletics.

Yes, you sure are!

And all I got was a text message.  From Matt Davison

chuckleshuffle

3 hours ago, Apathy said:

1. Lower the donation price for season tickets. 

For the product they’ve provided is within the last 20 years especially the last 7 years, the price of donations should reflect the product on the field. 

Reduce the price substantially, more fans will buy season tickets and we won’t be having this discussion when it gets close to week 0 again.

If they based required donation levels and ticket prices on the product on the field, they would be sending out checks instead of bills….and they would’ve run out of money at least 5 years ago.

1 hour ago, Atbone95 said:

Saw this on Twitter and related a bit. 

Ditto. Reduce prices of concessions and I might actually spend money on something other than a pop to chase my hooch and plan my meals for before/after the game. 

Some of the design ideas look more like a MLB atmosphere or football for leisure/casual fans, like watching the game from a sports bar or my home. Why would I pay $300 to watch a game like I already do? Or pay $1000 for a pregame buffet, like I’m rolling Warren Buffett dough?

Also, lack of student section getting any attention wreaks of corporate preference over fan experience. 

Pipe dream idea and I know this won’t happen, but it would be a cool to somehow find a way to get every grade school kid in the state to attend a game. Considering the lengths they go to to sustain the streak, this could aid in keeping that streak alive and also promote the program for the youth. 

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, Savage Husker said:

Ditto. Reduce prices of concessions and I might actually spend money on something other than a pop to chase my hooch and plan my meals for before/after the game. 

Some of the design ideas look more like a MLB atmosphere or football for leisure/casual fans, like watching the game from a sports bar or my home. Why would I pay $300 to watch a game like I already do? Or pay $1000 for a pregame buffet, like I’m rolling Warren Buffett dough?

Also, lack of student section getting any attention wreaks of corporate preference over fan experience. 

Pipe dream idea and I know this won’t happen, but it would be a cool to somehow find a way to get every grade school kid in the state to attend a game. Considering the lengths they go to to sustain the streak, this could aid in keeping that streak alive and also promote the program for the youth. 

Are you volunteering to drive a bus full of 3rd graders 400 miles from Scottsbluff to Lincoln and back again?

QnjH.gif

• Haha 5

Husker athletics was always enjoyable for me, across the many sports.  FB, BB, track, VB, gymnastics, etc.  A good entertainment bargain but only if you were close by and didn’t need the lodging, meals, parking etc on top of tickets.  

But to feel you got your money’s worth, the product on the field or court needs to win some relevant contests and finish at or near the top now and then.  Not be embarrassed or outclassed.  Frost has done better as time passes in this regard but he’s near the very bottom of country in HC losing rate.  Only UTEP and Rice have HCs with 4 year stints and worse records.  His numbers are atrocious.  One more 3 win season, he could be at dead last in FBS.  Utterly unthinkable really. 

On 1/14/2022 at 9:01 AM, JJ Husker said:

I really think you’re on to something.

Possibly they can’t do it due to TV rights or something? Seems like the conference might want a cut.

Use it as a selling point to players parents (recruiting) where if they can't physically make the game, they can virtually attend with their parent "ticket"

On 1/14/2022 at 4:11 PM, Atbone95 said:

Saw this on Twitter and related a bit. 

Right...make season tickets be an event for all those who have them...plush seats, awesome discounts on food/beer...basically the s#!t one upgrades for, but make it just a universal application to all season ticket holders. Make it something where one easily cannot say "hey, I got tickets if you want em"...it should be, "s#!t, I know our team sucks but hard to pass up awesome food, drinks and 4 hours just shootin the s#!t". Game attendance people really need to try and bridge the gap between staying at home and watching the game and actually going to the game. It will never be equal on the $ end for the watcher in that watching at home is just flat out cheap/free, but they should try to eliminate the utter annoyances (food price, bathrooms, trafficked herds of people) that come with attending live.

• Plus1 1

Just filled out the survey. I spent a lot of time qualifying that the current team performance is not conducive to me wanting to commit the time or financial investment into going to the games, regardless of what they change. Felt bad about it... but it's true. Everything is more palatable when the team is performing well.

I supported alcohol sales even though I'm not much of a drinker anymore. I'd probably have drinks on gameday in the stadium, though.

I think the premium seating options are cool too even though they're out of my price range for the most part.

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Just filled out the survey. I spent a lot of time qualifying that the current team performance is not conducive to me wanting to commit the time or financial investment into going to the games, regardless of what they change. Felt bad about it... but it's true. Everything is more palatable when the team is performing well.

I supported alcohol sales even though I'm not much of a drinker anymore. I'd probably have drinks on gameday in the stadium, though.

I think the premium seating options are cool too even though they're out of my price range for the most part.

Yeah, I supported the premium seats but indicated I wasn't going to be donating thousands of dollars to buy them.  I would enjoy them if I was offered a seat from someone else.

General seating size and stadium seats are a much bigger priority.

• Plus1 1