Survey on Memorial Stadium "Modernization"

Mavric

14 hours ago, admo said:

As a spectator at a baseball game, how do you not have a hotdog and cold beer? As a fan in the stands watching hoops, how do you not have nachos and a cold beer? 

This type of enjoyment and atmosphere adds to the great game, which has been passed down over the years.

Wrestling?  Popcorn, peanuts, cold beer.  Softball?  Same, except nachos instead of popcorn, hotdog instead of nuts.  Cold beer on tap with carbonation bubbles flowing to the top of the cup. 

Maybe football is a different emotional beast, and I get that.  But the option to partake in a Budweiser during a contest should be available.  That's just my take, my opinion.

Go Big Red, Gig'em, Roll Tide, 21st Century

I agree with the exception of Budweiser.  All it does is give me a headache.  As long as I have an option outside of Bud and PBR I am happy.  It now has me curious if they sell Abita at Tiger Stadium in Baton Rouge?

2 minutes ago, DrinkinwitTerrellFarley said:

I agree with the exception of Budweiser.  All it does is give me a headache.  As long as I have an option outside of Bud and PBR I am happy.  It now has me curious if they sell Abita at Tiger Stadium in Baton Rouge?

It would be great if in addition to the standard domestics and imports that local breweries get a shot at a home game on a rotating basis.  One week is is predetermined for ZipLine, next is Scratchtown, then Kinkaider or Empyrean....

• Plus1 4
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2/12/2022 at 12:32 PM, DrinkinwitTerrellFarley said:

It would be great if in addition to the standard domestics and imports that local breweries get a shot at a home game on a rotating basis.  One week is is predetermined for ZipLine, next is Scratchtown, then Kinkaider or Empyrean....

This x1,000,000,000.

Frankly, if we're going to do beer in-stadium, it should be unique, like the Runzas and Valentino's we offer. No InBev bulls*** beers--go to local breweries for your beer or go f*** off. 

• Plus1 2

After reading through the survey results, I think we’ll be seeing major renovations with the South stadium and possibly some other areas to add more premium seats and wider spaces for benches.  I also see alcohol being available in parts of the stadium.  Just my take, anyway.  

1 hour ago, Decoy73 said:

After reading through the survey results, I think we’ll be seeing major renovations with the South stadium and possibly some other areas to add more premium seats and wider spaces for benches.  I also see alcohol being available in parts of the stadium.  Just my take, anyway.  

We'll need the alcohol sales to fund the renovations. 

On 2/12/2022 at 12:32 PM, DrinkinwitTerrellFarley said:

I'd be for this.  Snow Beast on Black Friday?  Yes, please.

• Plus1 1
6 hours ago, knapplc said:

We'll need the alcohol sales to fund the renovations. 

Sam McKewon estimates it would be $250-300 million to renovate and modernize Memorial Stadium.  Sam is speculating that NU might as well tear down the entire South End Zone stadium and redo the whole thing from scratch, with the premium seating and more open standing room area in that section. 

Before people say "might as well build a brand new stadium for that price", it would cost nearly $1 Billion to build an entirely new stadium and there isn't a good location in Lincoln to build a new one.