Survey on Memorial Stadium "Modernization"

Mavric

4 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I have been going to Nebraska games for 40+ years, and I have never used a city bus/shuttle to come into the stadium/campus.  The majority of fans are parking in nearby lots or walking in from downtown/Haymarket area.

I've done this a couple of times. It's OK, but not much different than the hassle of parking in the North Bottoms or any of the garages. Just waiting in a different area. 

Both times we took the shuttle bus it was packed. They move a fair amount of people that way.

2 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I have been going to Nebraska games for 40+ years, and I have never used a city bus/shuttle to come into the stadium/campus.  The majority of fans are parking in nearby lots or walking in from downtown/Haymarket area.

My favorite seats were always in mid south stadium and I’ve sat all over in my 50 seasons.  But I’m aware a majority believe those 50 yard line seats 20 rows up are the ‘best’.  
i don’t think premium seats would go in an end zone section would they?  

I think you need to widen the current seats and have to eliminate about 10,000 fans to make much difference.  Perhaps another balcony or something but not sure the cost would be worth it.  How much more will most fans pay per ticket to get 3-4 inches?   Maybe tear down sides and build up but it’s pretty well maxed out I’m guessing.  Right now, TV / media money looks great so losing 20,000 would create some real possibilities.  60,000 can make noise but 4 million a year forever is still real money.  Times could change and TV might not be forever either.