Survey on Memorial Stadium "Modernization"

Mavric

The drinkers often get tuned up before entry and some carry in a flask to spike their coke (lol poopsi).    Maybe ticket stub could get you one free beer on try.  Limit one per person.  

More food choices is easy and cheap to do. 

I very much enjoyed many seasons in that south stadium.  I sat all over and south stadium is the best seats about 40 rows up down to row 10 behind the goal posts.    It changed over the decades from 68 to 2021.  Never did much to improve south stadium but expand it. The row 90s are sometimes above the low cloud cover so could give those nosebleeders for about $5 each.  Lol

Widen and take out 10% out fans hurts $$$ but may help keep the other 90% coming.  ?  Not good option to add new capacity to lower prices.  They could throw in complementary tickets to BB, VB, etc for season ticket renewals.   Football tickets unsold will drive mkt prices down dramatically- millions of $ cash losses result.  

The ramps are good but could be wider and maybe have a ramp straight out to outside the fences/walls to empty much faster. 

Parking is impossible to add much without 15 story garages and demolition of other valuable facilities.  

id hate to see the capacity cut too much below 80,000.  They need more revenue, not less.  Ticket prices will have to drop if we don’t get a good bowl in 22.  May anyway.  I would not take away any season tickets cause they’ll be hard to sell going forward to new buyers. When game tickets are $100 plus each, many seats are shared by several families or partners etc.  Travel, lodging, food, lots of drink, etc adds up to price above a big group of the population out there already. 

I’m sure they understand all this and more now.  Surveys are more symbolic / for fan venting.  The AD doesn’t have any extra money with all the coaches, past and present, hiring, play for pay, etc.  Frost may have to refund all his past salary too if things get much worse.  Inflation is going to hurt too.  

I hope they start winning and the portal $$ wars don’t escalate - $200,000 player salaries will destroy the game imo.  Schools will drop sports as that kind of cash doesn’t exist.  

Concessions are tough with the limited in & out from seats etc.  Not sure how that can really fixed.  More in stadium selling I guess.  ?  

With muni interest rates at de minimus levels, a new stadium (done) would be amazing but you’d need a billion which is 25 mil a year for 40 years plus int.  Not in the cards without a big donor funding 80% in one check.  Even that is scary as 3-8 could be here to stay. ????   Sad as that is to say.  

Downtown campus and merchants etc need that thing as is where is, filled with happy fans first.  That’s winning 10 plus games for a decade or so.  

• Plus1 1

57 minutes ago, runningblind said:

This might be one of the silliest things I've ever read.

Yeah. I agree.  The new generation of season ticket holders aren’t going to stand for that experience.   Better WIFI.  Cool entertainment like the post 3rd qtr red pyro show for night games, better seat space, concessions, bathrooms…..

• Plus1 1

38 minutes ago, UniversalMartin said:

You are NOT in the minority on this...Sirius is extremely outdated 

Maybe not for a lead in song...But I'm thinking some Steve Jones, The Four Horseman, L.A. Guns and Kix songs would fit in nicely!  Just think we could incorporate in something different. Sirius over and over every game for so long is getting old to me. 

48 minutes ago, UniversalMartin said:

Add 1 VR "seat" at the 50 yard line, mid level...and people with VR (Oculus) can buy a game pass to watch a live game from that camera for like $30/game. You can have infinite number of people virtually attending the game...$$$$. Your welcome.

Seriously this is a great idea. But no need to charge that much. They’d still make bank at half that much and the cost would be negligible. Of course the game may be subject to blackout if the stadium isn’t sold out.

Fenway Park has always been one of my bucket list stadiums. Legendary, iconic, unique. I dreamed of going there.

I went there in 2019. Got some pretty great seats on the First Base line, looking out at the Green Monster.

Absolutely hated it.

The seats were TINY. I'm 6'2" and I do NOT fit in those seats. I origami'd myself into that seat for four innings. And then we left, and I never want to go back.

There's something to be said about iconic old stadiums. But the reality is, no matter how much history they have, some of these old parks are just s#!te. They aren't built for today, and without major renovations they will drive away future fans.

It doesn't matter how much we love what Memorial Stadium was. It'll become a relic if we don't upgrade it to what modern people want.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
30 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Fenway Park has always been one of my bucket list stadiums. Legendary, iconic, unique. I dreamed of going there.

I went there in 2019. Got some pretty great seats on the First Base line, looking out at the Green Monster.

Absolutely hated it.

The seats were TINY. I'm 6'2" and I do NOT fit in those seats. I origami'd myself into that seat for four innings. And then we left, and I never want to go back.

There's something to be said about iconic old stadiums. But the reality is, no matter how much history they have, some of these old parks are just s#!te. They aren't built for today, and without major renovations they will drive away future fans.

It doesn't matter how much we love what Memorial Stadium was. It'll become a relic if we don't upgrade it to what modern people want.

Something like Green Bay has done to Lambeau would be awesome. Still iconic but yet updated a little at a time. 

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, Toe said:

8KI90SN.jpeg

Putting them behind the bench is a dumb idea imo. First of all, the sidelines are much farther from the field than the endzones are. Second, you want to impact the players on the field with noise moreso than the bench, never understood what that's supposed to accomplish. Third, you'd piss off more/richer boosters way faster.

The bottom section across all south stadium is the way to go.

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, Lorewarn said:

Putting them behind the bench is a dumb idea imo. First of all, the sidelines are much farther from the field than the endzones are. Second, you want to impact the players on the field with noise moreso than the bench, never understood what that's supposed to accomplish. Third, you'd piss off more/richer boosters way faster.

The bottom section across all south stadium is the way to go.

The students deserve something special. It's those memories that build future generations of Huskers 

• Plus1 4