Random HB refresh

Decoy73

I’ve been using my iPad more than usual the last few days.  The refresh is pretty annoying.

It seems that the page gets locked in some sort of ongoing refresh.  It never “completes” the page load and eventually tries to refresh itself.  It does seem that if I click the tutor to “stop” the page loading, it doesn’t refresh itself - at least not as badly.

Not a solution but at least a possible work-around.

• 1 month later...

On 9/15/2022 at 2:46 PM, Guy Chamberlin said:

95% of the time I access the board from my laptop, so I assume everything's fine. When I try it on my iPhone I'm reminded how incredibly unpleasant the mobile experience is. I jot down the name of the advertisers, then do whatever I can to put them out of business. 

At this point, I have to believe this issue just isn’t even being attempted to be fixed. Which, is extremely frustrating. 

This is the only site I frequent that has an issue like this.  It should be able to be fixed. 

• Plus1 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

On 1/29/2023 at 10:25 AM, BigRedMax said:

We are working on a fix. Just became aware of the issue. Should have an update after the weekend. 

When you said "just became aware of the issue," did you mean you just found out what was causing it? Because you mentioned an update a month and a half ago but nothing has changed. 

Or did you mean you just became aware that this was a problem? Because that is not true; this issue has been plaguing users for well over a year.

• Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

This site continues to be borderline unusable with 0 fixes in sight. I had to type two versions of this just posting here. If I wasn’t a long standing member and formed so many bonds here I wouldn’t dare keep posting nor join. You would think for someone trying to make money and keep members you would make the site worthy of being used on mobile. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
7 hours ago, Decked said:

This site continues to be borderline unusable with 0 fixes in sight. I had to type two versions of this just posting here. If I wasn’t a long standing member and formed so many bonds here I wouldn’t dare keep posting nor join. You would think for someone trying to make money and keep members you would make the site worthy of being used on mobile. 

Definitely a huge problem. Been a problem for quite some time too.  Can’t make a post longer than a few sentience’s without at least one refresh on mobile.  

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Definitely a huge problem. Been a problem for quite some time too.  Can’t make a post longer than a few sentience’s without at least one refresh on mobile.  

Sentient posts? What is this husker skynet?

• Plus1 1