Huskers Hire Byran Applewhite as Running Backs Coach

37 minutes ago, HANC said:

I agree with your assessment on hires.  I do think that IF Raiola is good, he can make improvements before next season.  A lot of issues can be technique related such as hand placement, first step stuff.  They have all winter-spring-summer to get some of this corrected.  Listening to Matt Vrzal all season, he seemed to think that it wasn't a difficult fix, just philosophical.  Now, if we still aren't strong enough, that is a different story, but don't think that is the case.

I never remember thinking last year that our O line wasn't strong enough.

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, HANC said:

I agree with your assessment on hires.  I do think that IF Raiola is good, he can make improvements before next season.  A lot of issues can be technique related such as hand placement, first step stuff.  They have all winter-spring-summer to get some of this corrected.  Listening to Matt Vrzal all season, he seemed to think that it wasn't a difficult fix, just philosophical.  Now, if we still aren't strong enough, that is a different story, but don't think that is the case.

I'd like to say that isn't the case, and then point out how we were going toe-to-toe on the O-Line with both tOSU and Michigan. 

But that's not really an accurate thing to do/say, now is it?

7 hours ago, VectorVictor said:

I'd like to say that isn't the case, and then point out how we were going toe-to-toe on the O-Line with both tOSU and Michigan. 

But that's not really an accurate thing to do/say, now is it?

I think it boiled down to a handful of things. Poor technique, Poor scheme, injuries, and youth. Jergens was seasoned, but after that the quality of seasoned players left was lacking imo. Much of our promising lineman were/are younger players

• Plus1 2