Game Result  

10 members have voted

1. 1. What will the game result be?

• Nebraska single digit win
    • Nebraska double digit win
    • Northwestern single digit win
    • Northwestern double digit win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/05/2022 at 06:32 PM

2 hours ago, Husker03 said:

Fair or unfair, however, point guard is the leader of the offense and therefor held to a higher standard. Much like a QB making poor decisions when he possesses the ball each and every time up the court, you just HAVE to have leadership there and you HAVE to have trust and player buy in. You can't get that with a guy like Verge, too many let downs and break downs far too often. A more consistent team player there and you have a much better product on the court. I am sure Fred thought he could break Verge of his bad habits and bask in the glow of all of the spectacular tools he brings to the table, but McGowen's going down like he did left any ability at putting together a better line up out there in the trash.

I have a good buddy who is an ASU grad. He told me back in October, "Good luck with Verge. He will probably win you some games but he will lose you so many more."  I hate that I sit here in February and have to give it to him, he nailed everything but the win games part.

Yet we continually score more points with him that we did without him.  Which, last I checked, was kind of the goal.

I disagree with all the condemnation of Alonzo Verge. It's gotten to cartoonish proportions. The main problems with this team are in the paint...has been all season even against small conference teams. A couple guys who own the paint would completely change the dynamic of the team. From looking at the highlights of this game NWern just shot lights out from three, hitting NBA shots, plus they were able to just go inside at will. We just don't scare anybody on the boards....a bad place to be against BIG teams with an abundance of big guys.

3 hours ago, Hayseed said:

I disagree with all the condemnation of Alonzo Verge. It's gotten to cartoonish proportions. The main problems with this team are in the paint...has been all season even against small conference teams. A couple guys who own the paint would completely change the dynamic of the team. From looking at the highlights of this game NWern just shot lights out from three, hitting NBA shots, plus they were able to just go inside at will. We just don't scare anybody on the boards....a bad place to be against BIG teams with an abundance of big guys.

Two things can be true

• Plus1 1
17 hours ago, Hayseed said:

The main problems with this team are in the paint...has been all season even against small conference teams.

Yep...when you have a point guard that dribbles around, finally drives in, gets stopped and throws up a horrible shot.....that's major problems in the paint.

13 hours ago, Cobra Kai said:

Two things can be true

Yep.  When you're team is 0-12 in conference play, there's probably multiple things that are wrong.

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Yep...when you have a point guard that dribbles around, finally drives in, gets stopped and throws up a horrible shot.....that's major problems in the paint.

Yep.  When you're team is 0-12 in conference play, there's probably multiple things that are wrong.

You exaggerate. Verge does that a couple times a game.Meanwhile the rest of the team is chasing their guy around unable to stop the simplest shot.There’s no fear of challenging our bigs at all.