Nebraska lands Chubba Purdy

45 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I would prefer this team starts winning. Period. If shaking up the status quo is what it takes, I’m good. Fact is the team has been losing and underperforming so I really don’t care what the starters or others have to say about Frost. They need to make their case on fall Saturdays when it matters, not in sound bites with the media.

If you mean that you hope the players are holding themselves accountable, calling each other out, responding to the call outs and moving forward together or getting dead weight out, then I get you.

The fact that the program didn’t unravel at the seams over a 4 year stretch and 3-9 season says a lot - which others have noticed too - shows unity amongst the players and the staff.

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, Savage Husker said:

If you mean that you hope the players are holding themselves accountable, calling each other out, responding to the call outs and moving forward together or getting dead weight out, then I get you.

The fact that the program didn’t unravel at the seams over a 4 year stretch and 3-9 season says a lot - which others have noticed too - shows unity amongst the players and the staff.

This string of the discussion started with someone worrying about roster churn affecting team unity. I guess my point is, some roster churn is/was necessary and also unavoidable in CFB the way things are now.

As a whole, the roster churn we’ve seen this go round seems to be for the better. That’s not to say some of the losses won’t sting a bit but I think the team is getting better so no sense lamenting what is happening or will continue to happen in a world with the portal and NIL deals. Things are going to be more volatile. I’m not going to lose sleep over the loss of a few good players if we’re doing better overall. 

3 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

This string of the discussion started with someone worrying about roster churn affecting team unity. I guess my point is, some roster churn is/was necessary and also unavoidable in CFB the way things are now.

As a whole, the roster churn we’ve seen this go round seems to be for the better. That’s not to say some of the losses won’t sting a bit but I think the team is getting better so no sense lamenting what is happening or will continue to happen in a world with the portal and NIL deals. Things are going to be more volatile. I’m not going to lose sleep over the loss of a few good players if we’re doing better overall. 

That’s fair, I see what you’re saying.

On 1/20/2022 at 1:56 PM, Savage Husker said:

I’m not even sure the coaches have the team “raveled” yet to make it even possible to unravel.

They are on OC #3 going into year 5.  They have yet to even make a bowl.  And it seems like they are starting over this year.

Im pretty pessimistic about the rest of Frost’s tenure.  Which sucks because I had  a ton of excitement just a couple years ago.

• Plus1 1

12 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I’m not even sure the coaches have the team “raveled” yet to make it even possible to unravel.

They are on OC #3 going into year 5.  They have yet to even make a bowl.  And it seems like they are starting over this year.

Im pretty pessimistic about the rest of Frost’s tenure.  Which sucks because I had  a ton of excitement just a couple years ago.

Funhusker? More like ho hum Husker imo. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1
5 hours ago, The Dude said:

I don't see Whip bringing in 2 QBs if he had any plans with Smothers.  

I may be dead wrong, but this is exactly how I feel also. I honestly can’t believe that smothers is even sticking around for the spring rather than getting his foot in the door somewhere else

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, HANC said:

I may be dead wrong, but this is exactly how I feel also. I honestly can’t believe that smothers is even sticking around for the spring rather than getting his foot in the door somewhere else

With Whipple about to put a QB into the 1st round of the NFL draft, I can see it being likely that all our current roster QB's want to stick around through the Spring to learn everything they can from him, then based on their seeding, make a determination about what's in their best interests after that. 

4 hours ago, funhusker said:

Do you question the player buy-in on this team? I don’t.

• Plus1 1