Nebraska lands Chubba Purdy

10 minutes ago, Savage Husker said:

Do you question the player buy-in on this team? I don’t.

The one nice thing about the transfer portal is it will all but eliminate the whole “whose bought in” conversation.

There is a long list of players that appeared to have “not bought in” over the past 3-4 years.  On a lot of different teams.

2 minutes ago, Savage Husker said:

That’s one way to deflect. 

???

I guess I can rephrase.  I think all the players that weren’t buying in, for whatever reason, transferred.  So yes, the players that are still here are likely bought in.

As are most of the players that are currently on the rosters of all their respective schools.

18 hours ago, Savage Husker said:

Do you question the player buy-in on this team? I don’t.

I'll answer your question.  At no time last year did I think the players weren't playing hard and putting out effort to win games.  To me, when a team unravels and isn't "bought in", you see less than maximum effort on the field.  We didn't see that last year.

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1
16 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'll answer your question.  At no time last year did I think the players weren't playing hard and putting out effort to win games.  To me, when a team unravels and isn't "bought in", you see less than maximum effort on the field.  We didn't see that last year.

Disagree, there were several times when the line just quit. I thought their effort late in the year was atrocious.  

3 hours ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

dude had 4 surgeries on his collar bone while at FSU.  He's says he's coming to compete but in his interview he mentioned that it would be good to get all healed up.  So I think its safe to say he plans to get his body right and learn the offense a be ready to go after 2022

Yeah man, that was pretty interesting.  I watched the video last night (it's on youtube HOL if anyone is wondering).  He definitely has competing on his mind, as he said that's how it is everywhere.  But he is also stoked about having 4 years eligibility left.  I like Chubba a lot (love Casey too).

• Plus1 2

2 hours ago, DefenderAO said:

The game that stands out to me as a weaker effort was MN.  Outside of that, for the vast majority of the season, the guys played really hard.  MN, that first half especially, looked terrible.

That was the game where guys were late showing up. CTB i think brought it up. Team looked asleep in the 1st half.

12 hours ago, LumberJackSker said:

That was the game where guys were late showing up. CTB i think brought it up. Team looked asleep in the 1st half.

Frankly, getting 19 year olds in tight pants, who spend dozens of hours hugging each other to the ground, passionate about every minute of it...maybe they don't pay college coaches enough.

I'm proud of how hard these guys played last season.

On 2/1/2022 at 10:12 AM, admo said:

Yeah man, that was pretty interesting.  I watched the video last night (it's on youtube HOL if anyone is wondering).  He definitely has competing on his mind, as he said that's how it is everywhere.  But he is also stoked about having 4 years eligibility left.  I like Chubba a lot (love Casey too).

We are going to have a better starting QB with two competent back ups in the event Casey goes down.   I think we are in a good situation QB this season.  

• Plus1 2