Nebraska lands Chubba Purdy

1 hour ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Yup.  He’s built more like a coach and speaks more like a groundskeeper’s grad asst. lol.  The photo is not Chubba Purdy, it’s his not so lookalike cousin Chubby Purdee.  Understandable mistake, maybe? 

It wasn't a mistake, it was a joke.

• Plus1 1
  • 2 weeks later...

On 7/12/2022 at 8:52 AM, Undone said:

You can be the guy with the most potential on the team but not yet be ready to start. I don't think anything I wrote was hard to understand.   :)

Thompson will be the starter because he's a junior with playing experience; that part is obvious.

But I think Purdy has the higher potential for his college career. He's got a stronger build, a stronger arm, and he's been trained up as more of a pure passer (that can also run).

That is not why Casey Thompson will be the starter.  There are so many reasons why he will be the guy, if you had just paid attention since January.

Without Casey we would be in a QB battle -  Smothers vs Purdy vs Haarberg. Winner starts vs Northwestern.

And if that was the case, your 3-5 win season prediction seems more accurate.

Next year, Purdy will be the guy.  Or when Thompson decides to move on. It will be like having Joe Ganz again :)

11 hours ago, admo said:

That is not why Casey Thompson will be the starter.  There are so many reasons why he will be the guy, if you had just paid attention since January.

Without Casey we would be in a QB battle -  Smothers vs Purdy vs Haarberg. Winner starts vs Northwestern.

And if that was the case, your 3-5 win season prediction seems more accurate.

Next year, Purdy will be the guy.  Or when Thompson decides to move on. It will be like having Joe Ganz again :)

I'm positive that I've been paying just as much attention as you have since January. You might have noticed the part in what you quoted from me where I said:

Thompson will be the starter because he's a junior with playing experience; that part is obvious.

And I predicted a 5-7 season. Because of the easier schedule I predict a minimum of five wins and more specifically like I said, 5-7. But I really want to be wrong because I'm a homer fan that loves Nebraska football.

• Plus1 1