Nebraska lands Chubba Purdy

33 minutes ago, funhusker said:

So is playing on your phone while being introduced to a crowd that more than likely paid to be there.

Are we debating this???

He may have been confirming the scripture he was going to quote. That’s not abnormal, especially for younger folks

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, funhusker said:

^^^Still rude though.

Nothing is rude anymore.  Turn on the TV anytime, any channel. Shows and movies are nonstop rude, crude,  and lewd.  Most ‘news’ is likewise.  The phone is practically a part of the human hand today.  People text and call each other in the same room sometimes.  At work, employers are issuing work phones and employees must have them on and in possession throughout the day.  The govt monitors you 24-7 with your phone.  So he’s just being a ‘good’ compliant   Frost probably monitors his players 24-7 as well.  

11 minutes ago, Mavric said:

You are trying very hard to make a useless argument about things your are making huge assumptions about.

meh...I made a dumb joke.  

That was it.  

Then other folks commented and it kind of turned into a brief conversation about phone etiquette.

I definitely wouldn't say I tried very hard at anything...

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1

The thing people forget about the Keller/Ganz saga is that Sam Keller was not a bad quarterback. He was setting and on pace for setting a bunch of records in his one season here before going down with a broken collarbone. 

Obviously he loved the checkdown and our offense and entire team had massive problems, but those were so much bigger than him, and Joe's hype was also somewhat over-inflated (in '07 at least) from Callahan deciding to essentially go full air-raid in order to try and prove that his system worked. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
2 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

The thing people forget about the Keller/Ganz saga is that Sam Keller was not a bad quarterback. He was setting and on pace for setting a bunch of records in his one season here before going down with a broken collarbone. 

Obviously he loved the checkdown and our offense and entire team had massive problems, but those were so much bigger than him, and Joe's hype was also somewhat over-inflated (in '07 at least) from Callahan deciding to essentially go full air-raid in order to try and prove that his system worked. 

Sam Keller played a role in losing NCAA football games.  I will never forgive him 

• Haha 2