QB Zane Flores [Oklahoma State Commit]

1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Rumors went around Omaha a bit that the coaches didn't have a great opinion of Flores after an unofficial visit in the fall. Flores did come back in January for a visit, and is racking up offers from all over, so Frost will get pressure to offer the kid. 

Character or talent? 

12 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Time for Whipple to give his opinion.

How many QBs do we need?   Unless guys quit / transfer after this fall, they all return.  Transfers will be out there as well.  If he is a great prospect, yes. But we don’t need any more 3rd stringers.  We do need more beef on the lines.  We are a long way from anywhere close to the pipeline.  Focus must be there above any other positions. 

2 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

How many QBs do we need?   Unless guys quit / transfer after this fall, they all return.  Transfers will be out there as well.  If he is a great prospect, yes. But we don’t need any more 3rd stringers.  We do need more beef on the lines.  We are a long way from anywhere close to the pipeline.  Focus must be there above any other positions. 

I think the chances of one or two QBs transferring sometime before Florez would get here in the fall of 2023 is pretty high.  It's a position where you constantly have to be looking for good players.  I said, it's time to get Whipple's opinion, because he's now the QB coach and he wasn't here when Florez took his visit in the fall.  That opinion would mean evaluating both character and talent.  

If he wants to go in a different direction, fine.

• Plus1 4

20 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

he is lower on most boards I would imagine 

He'll go somewhere, not start, transfer, get picked up by a power program, win the Heisman, win the NC, get drafted top 5, take his team to the Super Bowl......and Husker fans will condemn Frost and Whipple for not taking him.

Naaaa....that would never happen.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
7 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I think more character. Supposedly he just rubbed the coaches and players the wrong way. I know it's just a first impression, and he's made another visit, but just something to keep in mind if NU is slow to offer. 

Your " character" supposition is totally contrary to the bits of opinion I've heard. For instance, Benning on the radio raves about his humility and just going about his business.

I certainly don't have any inside scoop, but the gap on "character" opinion discrepancy is hard to figure.

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, Comish said:

Your " character" supposition is totally contrary to the bits of opinion I've heard. For instance, Benning on the radio raves about his humility and just going about his business.

I certainly don't have any inside scoop, but the gap on "character" opinion discrepancy is hard to figure.

I could be totally way off-base, just passing off info I have heard.  Benning probably knows way more than I do, so I don't mind people taking my posts with a grain of salt.

• Mavric changed the title to QB Zane Flores [Oklahoma State Commit]