QB Zane Flores [Oklahoma State Commit]

18 minutes ago, TonyStalloni said:

Zane Flores is easily the best QB to come out of Nebraska in many years. The fact it took so long to see his talent just reeks of incompetence by our coaches.

In the grand scheme of things, I try to leave recruit evaluations up to coaches..  But, IF you're going to pass on an in state player to go get someone else, that "someone else" better be better than the in state kid and you better win.

Clearly, this was not like that and the coaching staff completely failed.  It will be interesting to see how his college career goes.

• 1 month later...

15 hours ago, Crusader Husker said:

I heard the current staff met with him at his HS to congratulate him on a great year and wish him luck at OSU.  How our previous staffs missed out on In-state kids baffles my mind.  

I can't believe how they completely let Whipple bring in his guy as the 2023 QB recruit when everyone knew Whipple was going to be a short timer.  There were five top 25  QBs from either Nebraska or a border state in this class.  We basically didn't recruit any of them in favor of the #43 QB from Massachusetts.

#9 QB Avery Johnson from Kansas

#12 QB JJ Kohl from Iowa

#15 QB Lincoln Keinholz from South Dakota

#20 QB Brayden Dorman from Colorado

#25 QB Zane Flores from Nebraska

https://www.on3.com/db/rankings/consensus-player/football/2023/?position=qb

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1
31 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I can't believe how they completely let Whipple bring in his guy as the 2023 QB recruit when everyone knew Whipple was going to be a short timer.  There were five top 25  QBs from either Nebraska or a border state in this class.  We basically didn't recruit any of them in favor of the #43 QB from Massachusetts.

#9 QB Avery Johnson from Kansas

#12 QB JJ Kohl from Iowa

#15 QB Lincoln Keinholz from South Dakota

#20 QB Brayden Dorman from Colorado

#25 QB Zane Flores from Nebraska

https://www.on3.com/db/rankings/consensus-player/football/2023/?position=qb

Frost and the prior staff screwed up the recruitment of Flores, but you are correct, there were a lot of other very good QB recruits in the surrounding area which NU basically paid no attention.

• Plus1 1

• 2 weeks later...