OT Ethan Thomason [BYU - Signed LOI]

seaofred92

To which school will Thomason commit?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Thomason commit?

• Nebraska
    • Colorado
    • Utah
    • Wyoming
    • Boise State
    • BYU

This poll is closed to new votes

Player: Ethan Thomason

Hometown: Fort Collins, Colorado

School: Rocky Mountain

Position: Offensive Tackle

Height: 6-8

Weight: 315

Power 5 Offers: Colorado, Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, Michigan State, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Texas Tech, Virginia

Visits: 3/5/22 - Junior Day

Twitter

247 Composite: #669 Overall; #58 OT; .8627; :ThreeStar:

Rivals: :ThreeStar:
247: #58 OT; :ThreeStar:

On3: #33 OT; :ThreeStar:
ESPN

Hudl

• Plus1 1
  • 1 month later...

2 hours ago, RichardHangslow said:

I sure do like all of these offers going out to 6'8 fellers. Would be nice to have a monster pipeline, a more B1G looking O line. 

Yes. Current guys are tall too.  Maybe the idea is we can hide the 5-11 to 6-1 QBs and RBs back there and get that real option run game going?   Lol.  We can only dream I know.  

• Plus1 2

13 minutes ago, RichardHangslow said:

My hope is to not be tired in the 4th. And to have a big O line to march the ball down the field. 

Size is good but I’d rather they be 6-4 or 6-5 with quick feet. Seems like the 6-8 guys are often lead footed.  I like guys who can stay low enough to keep DL from getting as much lift etc.  i do know blocking techniques have changed.  Just so they have quick arms/hand movement and power.  I’m old school so what do I know on O line methods.  Lol.  I learned what little I know from Tenopir about 3 decades back.  

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Size is good but I’d rather they be 6-4 or 6-5 with quick feet. Seems like the 6-8 guys are often lead footed.  I like guys who can stay low enough to keep DL from getting as much lift etc.  i do know blocking techniques have changed.  Just so they have quick arms/hand movement and power.  I’m old school so what do I know on O line methods.  Lol.  I learned what little I know from Tenopir about 3 decades back.  

Yeah I hear ya I was born in 85 so most of my football knowledge is from what TO did. Anyway my arm chair coach analysis is that with the bigger bodyied o linemen it will just be harder for them to be pushed around and they will have a longer wings spand so that will help keeping defenders a bay from our QB. Also d linemen will get tired playing against a bigger bodied linemen. again, I know it is all surface value evaluation but there is some truth to it as well. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, RichardHangslow said:

Yeah I hear ya I was born in 85 so most of my football knowledge is from what TO did. Anyway my arm chair coach analysis is that with the bigger bodyied o linemen it will just be harder for them to be pushed around and they will have a longer wings spand so that will help keeping defenders a bay from our QB. Also d linemen will get tired playing against a bigger bodied linemen. again, I know it is all surface value evaluation but there is some truth to it as well. 

Well you don’t expect O linemen to get pushed around.  They do the pushing.  Hopefully.   That’s been the problem when you are pass blocking (effectively) on run plays, holes only open if the defenders create one.  I know it’s more complicated than this, but too much of the time, our line has been the retreat and protect mode vs the aggressor attacker.  No pancakes - just Mrs Buttersworth syrup maybe!  

• Plus1 2

19 hours ago, RichardHangslow said:

Hey I was wondering how you guys would feel if we had a general conversation thread in each of the recruiting years.... I personally don't like having conversations like the one we are having in a prospect thread because every time we post I think there is new information on the prospect.  Food for thought. 

You mean like this? 

It exists, just depends if people keep themselves honest. :) 

• Thanks 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Mavric changed the title to OT Ethan Thomason [BYU - Signed LOI]