Huskers Add FCS Freshman of the Year DB Omar Brown

Mavric

1 hour ago, Gorillahawk said:

Looks like another nice transfer pickup by Frost and his new staff. With NIL now being a thing, along with vast amount of support NU gets as it's the only show in the state, the transfer portal could be how Nebraska makes up for the challenges it faces in recruiting. 

I hope this is correct.  We need to evaluate their coaching (like JUCOs in many ways).   We have better coaches so the first couple years (frosh and redshirts) are when Fisher can build in the understanding and prep.  Fish is a darn good coach with an eye for talent to fit his mold.  

2 hours ago, Gorillahawk said:

Looks like another nice transfer pickup by Frost and his new staff. With NIL now being a thing, along with vast amount of support NU gets as it's the only show in the state, the transfer portal could be how Nebraska makes up for the challenges it faces in recruiting. 

It's going to come down to "show me the money".  Regardless of how passionate I am about NU football, we don't pay, kids won't play.  Gone are the days of kids "wanting to play" for (insert school here).  It's all about the Benjamin's baby.

6 hours ago, lo country said:

It's going to come down to "show me the money".  Regardless of how passionate I am about NU football, we don't pay, kids won't play.  Gone are the days of kids "wanting to play" for (insert school here).  It's all about the Benjamin's baby.

Agree...and completely why the "it's the only show in the state" has come to being a 1st class legit NIL thing for Nebraska as opposed to a previous take of, "this is what they all look forward to each week" comment

• Plus1 1
39 minutes ago, UniversalMartin said:

Agree...and completely why the "it's the only show in the state" has come to being a 1st class legit NIL thing for Nebraska as opposed to a previous take of, "this is what they all look forward to each week" comment

is NIL money public?  Does it have to reported to the IRS? 

I know it’s been discussed but I can’t remember the specifics. 

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

is NIL money public?  Does it have to reported to the IRS? 

I know it’s been discussed but I can’t remember the specifics. 

I don't know what has been made public in terms of NIL payouts/earnings but that is earned income by the players, so yes it has to be reported to the IRS. That may be the biggest thing these kids will need help with when it comes to NIL income. 

57 minutes ago, UniversalMartin said:

Great point.  UN is the only show in the entire state.  Fans all over the country.  If you spent a week in Nebraska, you became a life long fan.  Schools are going to hire staffs to assist in this money train.  I still shake my head at A&M.  $25-30 MILLION for one class.  I wonder where/what the profit margin is for the investors.  

19 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I don't know what has been made public in terms of NIL payouts/earnings but that is earned income by the players, so yes it has to be reported to the IRS. That may be the biggest thing these kids will need help with when it comes to NIL income. 

Now they need a CPA and an agent. Not a bad problem to have. 

30 minutes ago, lo country said:

Great point.  UN is the only show in the entire state.  Fans all over the country.  If you spent a week in Nebraska, you became a life long fan.  Schools are going to hire staffs to assist in this money train.  I still shake my head at A&M.  $25-30 MILLION for one class.  I wonder where/what the profit margin is for the investors.  

Tax write-off

• Thanks 1