Huskers Add FCS Freshman of the Year DB Omar Brown

Mavric

15 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I think the IRS recently ruled that donations to athletic programs can't be used as tax write offs anymore. Either way, A&M created an LLC with those "donations" and then make payments to the A&M recruits as a NIL. 

It was a joke.  You can not donate to an individual for a write-off.  You can to a university club.  It's a fine line with NIL funds as Universities can not take control of these funds.  Thus probably the use of an LLC that is separate from the university.

1 hour ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

It was a joke.  You can not donate to an individual for a write-off.  You can to a university club.  It's a fine line with NIL funds as Universities can not take control of these funds.  Thus probably the use of an LLC that is separate from the university.

Well gosh dang. Thanks for the learnin 

If I'm a booster and have plenty of money, {which I don't :lol:} I give to what ever group is gathering money, for whatever recruit, we are trying to land.

I do it for my school, not for some kind of return for my money, other than getting better players.

There still are boosters who do it, for the love of their schools,  not all of them, but still enough out there that do. jmho

GBR!!!