QB William Watson [Virginia Tech - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

13 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Watson commit?

• Nebraska
    • Boston College
    • Michigan

This poll is closed to new votes

The commitment of William Watson III is a perfect illustration of just how clueless a Husker fan can be.  

I saw that commitment with a whole "judgment" and "eyebrow raise".  As I have now watched a few videos and seen this connection/relationship Whipple has had ... it's all just a good "no-brainer" as to the connection and "the get" that this kid is. 

I'll be a bit more than "hopeful" here and applaud this commit.

• Fire 1

10 hours ago, Stumpy1 said:

Whipple offered Watson as an 8th grader after he camped at UMass.  He out threw kids that were 3-4 years older then he was.  

If he was taller,  he would be going to tOSU.  

I noticed that he had a Pitt offer and was curious when he received that offer. Then I noticed that Whipple offered him at Nebraska 1-22-22. So I assumed that the Pitt offer was under Whipple and that he had been under his radar for some time. 

I am wondering how this will effect Raiola's interest in Nebraska. 

9 minutes ago, RichardHangslow said:

I noticed that he had a Pitt offer and was curious when he received that offer. Then I noticed that Whipple offered him at Nebraska 1-22-22. So I assumed that the Pitt offer was under Whipple and that he had been under his radar for some time. 

I am wondering how this will effect Raiola's interest in Nebraska. 

I doubt this will have any impact on Raiola's recruiting or interest.  QB's know that guys are brought in every year, including before and after them.  If anything, Watson's "lower rating" may give Raiola more interest as it may look like "less competition" at NU.

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I doubt this will have any impact on Raiola's recruiting or interest.  QB's know that guys are brought in every year, including before and after them.  If anything, Watson's "lower rating" may give Raiola more interest as it may look like "less competition" at NU.

I hope Dylan feels that way, however I think his mind will quickly change after competing with this young man. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/22/2022 at 3:57 PM, BigRedBuster said:

If this is really the type of QB he is, it's really interesting that Whipple is so interested in him.

He throws well too.  I can see why Whipple wants him.  The RPOs and roll outs and sack avoidance are great skills. Add in the near elite speed, he’s truly a All around QB.  That is ideal in college.  You can’t blitz him much - it will fail.  He will make something where not much is there.  His deep throws are rarely under thrown.  Admittedly we don’t see the plays that don’t work so I can’t tell but his highlights are exceptionally good.  I don’t remember any better.  He kinda runs like Mickey Joseph and has a quick snappy release with nice velocity and touch.  I’d like to see some screens and real short ‘toss’ type throws.  Option stuff will come as he is a great athlete with good hands etc. 

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to QB William Watson [Virginia Tech Commit]
  • Mavric changed the title to QB William Watson [Virginia Tech - Signed LOI]
  • Mavric unpinned this topic