Your Confidence Level - New Coaches & Portal Additions

TGHusker

Coaches & Portal Upgrades  

95 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

A healthy Thompson plays like a pro QB… injured Thompson looks like injured Martinez. 
We have so many RB we should play rugby style.

Doesn't look like we did anything with the O line so far…. still relying on our injured tackle as the best player.

Judging by what we saw from defense at the end of the season, losing JoJo will leave a Lavonte David size hole. Looks like the D line might be weaker too. Pretty good job recruiting the secondary.

I think the portal recruits will make special teams a thousand times better.

I mean we brought in an OG and OG/OT with college football starting experience via the transfer portal. Out of who was available how do you think we could have done more? 

• Plus1 1

11 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

I mean we brought in an OG and OG/OT with college football starting experience via the transfer portal. Out of who was available how do you think we could have done more? 

I didn’t say we could, I said that’s where we’re at, so why pretend that we’re not? It’s hard to imagine being worse, but it could happen. You and me wishing for it won’t change anything.

I bet we win the Off-season Championship.

14 hours ago, TGHusker said:

I think our RB talent is greatly improved

I'm not really seeing that. We replaced a 4* guy with a couple middling 3*s? If there's an improvement at RB, it'll much more likely come from improved coaching and OL play, rather than any talent upgrade. Although getting Ervin back from injury doesn't hurt.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

People act like Frost might as well not even be on the field.  He's the CEO so he might as well just be up in the sky box sipping a beer while the real coaches coach on the field.

That won't be how this works.

When was the last time Nebraska had a coach that didn't call the offense or defense?  I'm not sure many understand how rare that actually is. (or maybe it is more common than I think) Devaney?

Osborne did

Solich did

Callahan did

Pelini did (with a few rare exceptions)

Riley did??

Frost did

6 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

People act like Frost might as well not even be on the field.  He's the CEO so he might as well just be up in the sky box sipping a beer while the real coaches coach on the field.

That won't be how this works.

So how do you think it will work.  SF goes from being very hands on with the offense to ?????

5 hours ago, Toe said:

I'm not really seeing that. We replaced a 4* guy with a couple middling 3*s? If there's an improvement at RB, it'll much more likely come from improved coaching and OL play, rather than any talent upgrade. Although getting Ervin back from injury doesn't hurt.

I was a Morrison fan since he came from Tulsa.  However, I was disappointed in his lack of production last year.    I think wt the addition of Anthony Grant & Deondre Jackson we've added two quality backs that will help the RB room significantly 

19 hours ago, The Dude said:

I am reservedly excited.  I think the Whipple and Thompson additions are enough to get us to a bowl game.

I am excited about the newcomers, I think they will have an immediate impact.

Same.  When the season ended, I felt like 5 wins would be the ceiling.  And it sucked to say that.  But after the additions, 7 or 8 seems possible.

8 hours ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

What makes you believe Frost will suddenly change his system ?  This is my concern.  STs were not special at UCF really and the offense is basically unchanged.  A handful of 1 RB option runs a game and a reduction of the swing pass / jailbreak screen type passes is about all I’ve noticed.  Both - seemingly a response to fan outcry!   I hope you are right but seeing is believing for me.  

Because I try and remain optimistic and not doom and gloom all the time. 

• Plus1 1

14 hours ago, TGHusker said:

I was a Morrison fan since he came from Tulsa.  However, I was disappointed in his lack of production last year.    I think wt the addition of Anthony Grant & Deondre Jackson we've added two quality backs that will help the RB room significantly 

Grant will be in the top 2 in the RB rotation 

15 hours ago, TGHusker said:

So how do you think it will work.  SF goes from being very hands on with the offense to ?????

He will still be very involved.  Hopefully, more involved in the entire game planning and during the game.  Yes, Chins and Whipple will be calling the plays.  But, it's not like Frost won't be doing anything while on the sidelines.

• Haha 1