*** The Official Wordle Thread ***

You get 6 tries to guess the word.

1. if you guess the correct letter in the correct block, the square turns green
2. if you guess a correct letter but it's in the wrong spot, the block/letter turns yellow.
3. if a guessed letter is not in the word, that letter turns gray.

Could have gotten today's quicker if I had used a different first word, but so it goes. This was nothing like as bad as 219. 

Play here:

www.powerlanguage.co.uk/wordle/

If you want to play past games, here's the archive:

https://metzger.media/games/wordle-archive/?levels=select

• Plus1 1

42 minutes ago, default_28 said:

This is fun. I lucked into it in 4 tries. Is there a standard strategy to this game? Is there a word or two that you start with every time that narrows down the possibilities quickly?

People usually start with a word that contains many of the common vowels & consonants, like learn or earls or trace. Sometimes you do that and you get a bunch of hits, sometimes you get nothing. 

For some reason HuskerBoard won't let me post my results. Keeps telling me it contains an unsupported emoji. Boo. 

10 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

Got it in 6 again today. I might have to change up my strategy; I start with "Train" every day. 

I started with train and also got it on 6th try. Could’ve had it in 5 but there was another viable option and I went with it first. Seems like 3 or less would usually involve some degree of luck. 

1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

Had the last 4 letters correct and in the right place on 2nd guess. Still took all 6. Wondering if it wouldn’t have been smarter to guess all the possible consonants on line 3 and then solve on 4. Will it take nonsense words?

It only takes real words, not a keyboard smash.

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

It only takes real words, not a keyboard smash.

So there is some luck involved then. After I had _ight and knew r wasn’t an option.

fight

night

light

might

I don’t remember what order I tried them or what the word ended up being but at that point it’s just if you guess lucky or not.