B1G Reverting to Eight Conference Games per Year?

Mavric

17 hours ago, Red Five said:

Here is an example 3 permanent games with 14.  In this example, Wisc and Iowa have the same 3 opponents, but Nebraska and Minnesota have a different 4th opponent.

Screen_Shot_2019_07_29_at_12.27.56_PM.pn

You could keep the 4 western together, 4 central together, then have the other 6 each have different permanent games between them.

Looking over this chart, anything with Rutgers or Maryland as permanent games sucks. Everything else looks good. :thumbs

6 hours ago, Blackshirt316 said:

I would rather keep it 9 but alter the times 

Week 1&2 OOC

WEEKS 3-7 4 big ten games 1 bye

WEEK 8 OOC

WEEK 9-14 5 big ten games 1 bye

It does the BIG no favors to keep it at 9 when it comes to playoff teams. If the other p5 will not play 9 we have to go back down. 9 is the way it should be, but right now it only handicaps the BIG.

• Plus1 2

On 1/26/2022 at 12:52 PM, Red Five said:

Nebraska, Iowa, Minnesota, and Wisconsin are a good grouping to play each other every year.  Ditto Illinois, Northwestern, Indiana, and Purdue.  Then figure out some sort of grid with Ohio St, Michigan, Michigan St, Penn St, Maryland, and Rutgers.

I would rather play Purdue Illinois and northwestern

• Plus1 1

I'd rather play 8 conference games with no division and with two permanent protected rivals every year.  Iowa and another team depending on other protected rivals for Nebraska to go along with 1 ACC and 1 Pac-12 game.  Two other games, a G5 and FCS tuneup.  Michigan wouldn't be an option as they would have Ohio State and Michigan State as their protected rivals as an example.

57 minutes ago, DrinkinwitTerrellFarley said:

I'd rather play 8 conference games with no division and with two permanent protected rivals every year.  Iowa and another team depending on other protected rivals for Nebraska to go along with 1 ACC and 1 Pac-12 game.  Two other games, a G5 and FCS tuneup.  Michigan wouldn't be an option as they would have Ohio State and Michigan State as their protected rivals as an example.

That's still 10 P5 games and the SEC still has an advantage.  Going to 8 conference games means you should go down to 9 P5 games max, or what's the point?

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
On 1/26/2022 at 5:43 PM, Red Five said:

Here is an example 3 permanent games with 14.  In this example, Wisc and Iowa have the same 3 opponents, but Nebraska and Minnesota have a different 4th opponent.

Screen_Shot_2019_07_29_at_12.27.56_PM.pn

You could keep the 4 western together, 4 central together, then have the other 6 each have different permanent games between them.

Seems some teams have it much easier. Northwestern, Purdue, Rutgers and Indiana to speak of. 

• 3 weeks later...

On 1/27/2022 at 9:01 AM, 84HuskerLaw said:

Very good but really Trev should just forget fixing the stadium and just go all Road Warriors!  No more issues with drunken fans. Cleaning up those beer cans, poopsi cups, pizza pie boxes, balloons polluting the Atlantic, traffic jams around Lincoln, wear and tear in roads, gas wasted, etc etc.  

If we can’t kick Bama and Buckeye a$$ on the road every week-end, we don’t deserve to even have a football team.  After all, Neb fans are spoiled brats that stupidly think things ought be fair!    Enough crybaby stuff.  

The Nebraska Nomads! I like it! 

I like it although I seriously doubt Texas Tech wants a yearly match up with Texas lol.  Not after bailing the conference.  I also thought Oklahoma State was very ticked off at OU for leaving, so they might even reduce the series with them to every few years.  Who knows for sure right now, but it sure is interesting.

As for Missouri having to play OU & Texas, that would suck for them.  Thought the positive side of leaving Big 12 conference is not having to deal with those guys. :dunno