B1G Reverting to Eight Conference Games per Year?

Mavric

45 minutes ago, runningblind said:

I don't know why you all are so butt hurt we have to play OSU so much, we literally can't beat anyone in the conference consistently.  We just went 1-8. I don't care who the opponent is if we can't even make a bowl.  The issue is internal, not external.

No one said we would be B10 Champs if we didn't play Ohio St...its the fact they are 80-5 in conference over the past 10 years so it's basically an auto loss if you play them in a crossover game. Which makes it much harder since it counts towards your record to try and win the division. It will never be exactly even but the big gaps in who plays who has been laughable. 

• Plus1 5
23 hours ago, BIG ERN said:

No one said we would be B10 Champs if we didn't play Ohio St...its the fact they are 80-5 in conference over the past 10 years so it's basically an auto loss if you play them in a crossover game. Which makes it much harder since it counts towards your record to try and win the division. It will never be exactly even but the big gaps in who plays who has been laughable. 

80-5?  Wow..  That's domination.

I can only think of losses to Michigan and Purdue.  Didn't Maryland take them to OT one year?

So with that trend, it's pretty reasonable to anticipate Ohio State and one lucky foe for the yearly CCG. Might as well be the next best team.  Well, unless it's a rematch.  I wouldn't be interested in that.

2 minutes ago, admo said:

80-5?  Wow..  That's domination.

I can only think of losses to Michigan and Purdue.  Didn't Maryland take them to OT one year?

So with that trend, it's pretty reasonable to anticipate Ohio State and one lucky foe for the yearly CCG. Might as well be the next best team.  Well, unless it's a rematch.  I wouldn't be interested in that.

Iowa crushed them in one of their 2 meetings in that span. Pretty sure Penn State beat them during the year they won the Big Ten.

• Thanks 1

On 5/19/2022 at 12:30 PM, BIG ERN said:

.its the fact they are 80-5 in conference over the past 10 years

That's a pretty eye opening stat. Two and a half decades ago I would have looked forward to a match-up with OSU almost every year but now I'd be happy if we could take few years off from playing them and maybe substitute a team like Maryland.

18 minutes ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

That's a pretty eye opening stat. Two and a half decades ago I would have looked forward to a match-up with OSU almost every year but now I'd be happy if we could take few years off from playing them and maybe substitute a team like Maryland.

and.. when we have the same record against maryland as we do ohio state then what.. at this stage of our men's programs does it really matter who we play. we're currently the worst men's program in the conference. sadly, I personally don't see that changing.

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...