OT Zalance Heard [LSU - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

20 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Heard commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

You’ve got to be kidding. He was the main one who landed Ajay Allen, not to mention Decoldest Crawford, Kaine Williams, & Trey Palmer… plus I’m probably forgetting some others 

You’ve got be kidding. Kaine is related and he couldn’t get him at LSU. Trey former player of his own and I thought he’d be able to get more than just him to transfer N.  De’Coldest, LSU and Brian Kelly didn’t want him. Ajay Allen was brought in by Applewhite, was committed to him at TCU. 

• Plus1 2

I stand corrected on Allen. That said, there were still numerous other programs interested in the others mentioned, and he managed to bring them here. We don't know what Kelly's thoughts were on Crawford, or current target Miller. Regardless, do you really think any of those 3 guys we landed end up here if MJ wasn't here? Or Janiran Bonner, who I forgot to mention? No chance. Another guy I failed to mention was Washington, the transfer WR from Texas. I'd say that's pretty darn impressive so far.

6 hours ago, Huskadeez said:

Mickey has 1 commit here so far. I’m waiting to anoint him as a recruiting god. 

I get this and can actually appreciate it and take it at face value.  Yet, Mickey is ranked near the top even before he came to :bigredn:.  Prior, he recruited well and prior he also developed well.  So, ya, I'm waiting to anoint him as a recruiting god ... but ... you would think and hope that you have something there.

For me, maybe I'm reading more into your statement, but we don't really have any data to either to go negative or to speak less of Mickey.   By most all accounts, MJ is going to be a great WR coach for us ... and might even be our next Head Coach.

• Plus1 1
5 hours ago, BigRedN said:

I get this and can actually appreciate it and take it at face value.  Yet, Mickey is ranked near the top even before he came to :bigredn:.  Prior, he recruited well and prior he also developed well.  So, ya, I'm waiting to anoint him as a recruiting god ... but ... you would think and hope that you have something there.

For me, maybe I'm reading more into your statement, but we don't really have any data to either to go negative or to speak less of Mickey.   By most all accounts, MJ is going to be a great WR coach for us ... and might even be our next Head Coach.

I love the attitude Mickey has brought here more than anything. I wasn’t trying to put him down in any way. I think if we start winning games you’ll really see his recruiting take off. It’s got be tough getting recruits to believe with what our results have been lately 

1 hour ago, Huskadeez said:

I love the attitude Mickey has brought here more than anything. I wasn’t trying to put him down in any way. I think if we start winning games you’ll really see his recruiting take off. It’s got be tough getting recruits to believe with what our results have been lately 

True but if you would have to know anything it would be he can develop and he will teach you to be a man when you come play for him. Im not saying when wr's come here none won't transfer out like Betts but the turnover won't be so high of coming and going bc kids want to play for winners. Look SF was a winner before he got here and just imagine if AM panned out, Wandale didn't transfer out, Maurice Washington getting kicked off the team, and J.D. Spielman not transferring out i personally don't believe the offense would be the main issue has to why Nebraska has underachieved so poorly. If everything would have panned out they would have been a solid big 10 offense but unfortunately that hurt Nebraska once piece after piece left the team and it set the team back years. Even though they had AM their wasn't much else you could say has to whom could you point to for leadership or guidance on offense. My point is kids still believe in SF and company or i should say some kids and transfer's do after all of it. Yes it has been hard to produce a great on the field product but its been relatively easy to get them on campus to play for the right hires that many believe SF should have done in the first place. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Mavric changed the title to OT Zalance Heard [LSU - Signed LOI]