WR Barry Jackson [Cincinnati - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

15 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Jackson commit?

• Nebraska
    • Louisville
    • Florida State
    • Memphis
    • ECU

This poll is closed to new votes

I know his speed (11.2 hundred) doesn’t merit a scholarship but his video suggests he can really play.  I think they’ll be happy to have him.  I wish they had his coach lined up.  It may be that Mickey can work his legal mess out (we still don’t know what actually happened).  The facts / details matter.  

I’m sure Rhule will get his staff finished but he needs to shore up the QB spot assuming we don’t have everybody back and lost Watson.  Apparently Purdy never got ready (reasons ?) and Watson was a Whipple guy.  Don’t think the Kearney products have impressed any of the coaches much or we’d have seen them by now. 

These issues make WRs and QBs hard to reel in.    I have a good vibe about Rhule but the situation is very dicey.  To be expected (the passing game guru was the architect) but his ‘legacy’ may haunt us for years to come.  

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, he's going somewhere else?

I thought that was interesting phraseology as well.

I've been worried about him for some time.  I don't believe any of the new coaches got down there to see him, though we did send some staff.  But he did come in for another visit and still has his Husker commitment Tweet pinned.  So I've talked myself off the ledge (for now).

I think he's going to sign here.  But I'm not going to be shocked if he announces something different (Cincinnati).

48 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I've been worried about him for some time.  I don't believe any of the new coaches got down there to see him, though we did send some staff.  But he did come in for another visit and still has his Husker commitment Tweet pinned.  So I've talked myself off the ledge (for now).

I think he's going to sign here.  But I'm not going to be shocked if he announces something different (Cincinnati).

I've thought for a while his situation is odd.  It's almost like we half-heartedly tried to keep him.  Like he has a spot but like you said I don't think they went down to see him.  I know for sure Rhule never made it down there but yet it seems like we still want him? 

2 hours ago, Mavric said:

There may be a chance the coaches realize that he's an academic risk.  So, if he signs...great.  If he doesn't....it's not that big of a deal because he might not qualify.

That is absolutely pure speculation.  But, it's a scenario that I think could cause the staff to act way they have with him.

1 hour ago, Farms said:

I've thought for a while his situation is odd.  It's almost like we half-heartedly tried to keep him.  Like he has a spot but like you said I don't think they went down to see him.  I know for sure Rhule never made it down there but yet it seems like we still want him? 

Yes…. Agree here. Almost like it was one sided. He kept saying he was N, but no contact from staff until he came here on visit. Weird situation… not sure how to read it

• Mavric changed the title to WR Barry Jackson [Cincinnati - Signed LOI]
  • Mavric unpinned this topic