WR Barry Jackson [Cincinnati - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

15 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Jackson commit?

• Nebraska
    • Louisville
    • Florida State
    • Memphis
    • ECU

This poll is closed to new votes

• Mavric changed the title to WR Barry Jackson [Nebraska Commit]
  • Mavric pinned this topic

I'm just more curious about this because of who's still out there, not so much Jackson himself.

With Coleman, Miller and Manning still to be had, I wonder what our plan is.  My best guess at the moment is they think Coleman can/will play OLB and they'd still take the other two if they both want N.  But it will be interesting to see.

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I'm just more curious about this because of who's still out there, not so much Jackson himself.

With Coleman, Miller and Manning still to be had, I wonder what our plan is.  My best guess at the moment is they think Coleman can/will play OLB and they'd still take the other two if they both want N.  But it will be interesting to see.

Sean Callahan suggests there might be significant WR turnover next year and the coaches may be trying to shore up talent in anticipation.

• Plus1 3
Just now, SECHusker said:

Sean Callahan suggests there might be significant WR turnover next year and the coaches may be trying to shore up talent in anticipation.

Yeah, I was just reading that from another source as well.  Sounds like Joseph hasn't been impressed with Grimes and Hardy.  So maybe we are/would take five WRs.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

Yeah, I was just reading that from another source as well.  Sounds like Joseph hasn't been impressed with Grimes and Hardy.  So maybe we are/would take five WRs.

Nearly all the WR talent we recruit out of High School seem to be busts.

Why keep taking every mid tier 3* player and hope that this time is different? 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Omarion Miller is headed our way also, apparently... our WR room is overflowing. I wish we had this problem with OL/DL

Apparently we plan to throw it 120 times a game so guys can get 4-5 touches for entire game  70 receptions by 14 WRs.   About 700 yards per game average and 4 TDs and 6 ints.   17 sacks.  But if we throw it quickly enough, you don’t need O line to block.  New plan. Obviously Big Ten is becoming the Big Pac 20ish.  

2 hours ago, Mavric said:

I hear VJJ may not be safe either. We'll also lose Manning and Martin after this year and depending on how the season goes for Palmer he may not be around long. 5 definitely isn't out of the question.

24 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Nearly all the WR talent we recruit out of High School seem to be busts.

Why keep taking every mid tier 3* player and hope that this time is different? 

Yeah the last successful recruited WRs were Morgan and Speilman. What makes it different this time is that Mickey's track record is much better than Walter's and Lubick's. 

• Plus1 2
  • Mavric changed the title to WR Barry Jackson [Cincinnati - Signed LOI]
  • Mavric unpinned this topic