Memorial Stadium to Have Wider Seats/Reduced Capacity

Mavric

Took survey yesterday.  110% behind the notion of making the seats wider/reducing capacity.  No I don't care it will make our fancy attendance numbers drop.  No I don't think it will encourage people to sit down more.  Yes I would like being able to sit and do it without having to turn my body because some moron and his friends can't figure out they are in the wrong section and or row forcing the rest of us to cram in like sardines to accommodate their inability to read.

A more pleasant game day seating experience will entice people to buy tickets and improve actual attendance, not hurt it like some want you to believe.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

Raise the bench an inch or so and make the surface less concrete feeling.  Plus the extra width should help alleviate at least a little of the leg space issues.

I'd be curious if anyone with the actual numbers could calculate how big an impact removal of one seat per row would have on capacity.

50 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Wider seats are fine, and it'll (maybe) help preserve the sellout streak to reduce capacity, but it won't do anything to alleviate the knee-in-back issue for us taller fans. Anyone over 6 foot doesn't fit in those seats no matter how wide they are. 

I specifically wrote that too. When some one in front of you has a seat back... well, sore knees are great... Even without seat backs I feel like a contortionist trying not to knee someone in the spine.

• Plus1 1

17 minutes ago, ZRod said:

I specifically wrote that too. When some one in front of you has a seat back... well, sore knees are great... Even without seat backs I feel like a contortionist trying not to knee someone in the spine.

I included that in mine as well. They can easily go wider, but I'm not sure how they can make the seats deeper without reconstructing the stadium. 

7 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I included that in mine as well. They can easily go wider, but I'm not sure how they can make the seats deeper without reconstructing the stadium. 

Take out every other row and every other seat down the rows.  Capacity 22,000. Ticket price $265.00 each.  Pepsi $15.  Beer $24.  Hot dogs $18.  Popcorn. $12.  Pizza $15. Etc. 

Parking $45.  Cushion seat add-on. $20. 
Restroom use $15.  Lol.  

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Take out every other row and every other seat down the rows.  Capacity 22,000. Ticket price $265.00 each.  Pepsi $15.  Beer $24.  Hot dogs $18.  Popcorn. $12.  Pizza $15. Etc. 

Parking $45.  Cushion seat add-on. $20. 
Restroom use $15.  Lol.  

Oh yeah, then a family of 4 could spend nearly a whole paycheck to enjoy a gameday experience with with their young kids (and future huskers).

I all honestly this is already an issue and (in addition to lack of success) is part of the reason a lack of state pride is growing among the youth in our state.

5 hours ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Oh yeah, then a family of 4 could spend nearly a whole paycheck to enjoy a gameday experience with with their young kids (and future huskers).

I all honestly this is already an issue and (in addition to lack of success) is part of the reason a lack of state pride is growing among the youth in our state.

Yup.  It’s crazy.  To spend millions and millions for a stadium that gets filled for a whole 28 hours a year?