Herbie Logo Changed

Mavric

3 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

People are looking to b!^@h about it from all sides.  The people saying that Herbie is using a racist hand gesture, when 99% of people know that as the "okay" hand gesture, and don't think about white supremecists/internet trolls mean by the gesture.  Then the people are getting offended by the University changing the logo, and saying people are "too soft" or "too weak" now.  It's all pretty dumb in my opinion.

If they want to change it so trolls can't use it, good for them. Saves the headache like the Norteños using husker gear for their gangs. In the end, big whoop either way.

• Plus1 2

Ironic, though, isn't it?

When Nebraska was #1, our mascot said we were just OK.

When we are just OK, he now declares us #1?  WTF?

If we're being honest, he should hold up all his fingers on both hands to indicate that we play in the Big 10.

Also, we should go back to being the Bugeaters. No team wants to line up against the Bugeaters. 

• Haha 6
2 hours ago, freelodr1 said:

I could care less about the change, but the question is where will it end?

Are we now going to get rid of The N?

Do the know The N is being used by the Mexican gang called the Nortenos?

The Nortenos are for Northern California.

I will also tell you, the Nortenos are also in Nebraska.

No s#!t? That explains it. I tried to make small talk with the guy wearing N gear who dropped off our shipment of ephedrine, and he had no idea we landed Casey Thompson in the transfer portal. Didn't seem to understand anything I was talking about. 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, C-4 said:

This isn’t an empty woke change. The symbol is being used for white supremacy now. Regardless that Herbie could be grandfathered in, separating our brand from the symbol is perfectly fine.

Exactly. And on a purely sport symbolistic level the #1 makes more sense from a where we want to be as a team. Are we just going to settle with trying to be okay.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, RichardHangslow said:

The okay symbol is not being used for white supremacy also if people care about what the four white supremacist left of this country think then God help us all

Wow!

1- and you know it’s not being used officially for white supremacy how?

2- and you actually think there are only 4? Maybe in the local chapter meeting.

BTW, I could give two squirts about this change. I thought they did away long ago with the old fat hick Herbie anyway.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2

i think it's funny how hurt some people are by this change. this isn't the first or last change our mascots have seen.  it's hard to even notice the change.    heck, our coaches, players, uniforms, even the stadium have changes every year.   why cry about this change?

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
3 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Ironic, though, isn't it?

When Nebraska was #1, our mascot said we were just OK.

When we are just OK, he now declares us #1?  WTF?

If we're being honest, he should hold up all his fingers on both hands to indicate that we play in the Big 10.

Also, we should go back to being the Bugeaters. No team wants to line up against the Bugeaters. 

Nebraska hasn't been ok in a decade!!

• Haha 1