Herbie Logo Changed

Mavric

3 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

No s#!t? That explains it. I tried to make small talk with the guy wearing N gear who dropped off our shipment of ephedrine, and he had no idea we landed Casey Thompson in the transfer portal. Didn't seem to understand anything I was talking about. 

They should have to get rid of IOWA, because doesn't IOWA stand for, I ONLY WANT ANHYDROUS!!!!!

One of my favorite things of the last few years is watching old conservative men call people snowflakes…… And then something like this happens and they become snowflakes.

No one said Herbie was racist.

What they said is that white supremacy has started using that symbol. We should all be able to agree that not affiliating with that, even if remotely, would be a good thing. It’s pretty simple.

If you are offended it is because……….

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, The Dude said:

That's the thing.  It's not really used for white supremacy.  It was a joke on the internet that dumb people fell for.  Now we have to appease those dumb people.  Not altogether surprising.   It's the way of the world now.

Exactly!!!! White Supremences Thank us all for the free Advertising. It also helps with Recruting.

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, UniversalMartin said:

It may very well started off as a joke,, but when the ADL identifies it in their database as a hate gesture, you might wanna think twice about using it

Exactly. The thing is NU athletics is a business and when something like this happens that does potential harm to your brand it is up to the business to make adjustments to protect itself. It also wouldn't be beyond the realm of possibility that this could have made its way into the the recruiting arena. And a great many of our recruits are the ones who would potentially be the most offended by it.

For everybody that is so butt hurt by this move why not drop Trev a note and let him know what an egregious error he has committed in making this change.

ad@huskers.com

• Plus1 5
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, UniversalMartin said:

Spot on...and if you read the ESPN article it clearly points out,

"The Anti-Defamation League lists the OK hand gesture in its Hate Symbols Database and explains how the altered meaning originated on an internet bulletin board five years ago."

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/33173015/nebraska-revises-mascot-hand-gesture-avoid-tie-white-supremacy

It may very well started off as a joke,, but when the ADL identifies it in their database as a hate gesture, you might wanna think twice about using it

Don't think we should be a using a jewish supremacy outfit like the ADL as our guide. Or the SPLC for that matter.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 2

On one hand, I feel like they could have just made the change without anybody noticing.

And on the other hand, I feel like the world has gone utter insane with people being offended by literally anything and everything and if that thing makes anybody uncomfortable for any reason, then we must cease said thing. 

It's all exhausting, really. 

• Plus1 1
42 minutes ago, Grug said:

Don't think we should be a using a jewish supremacy outfit like the ADL as our guide. Or the SPLC for that matter.

True.  Throwing around vernacular like this one would assume you might be more familiar with the hate symbols.  Maybe Trev should be asking you what symbols  are being used by the klan…

:blink:

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

2 hours ago, Grug said:

I was wondering how long it would take for the white supremacy that is all too common and normalized in Nebraska to stop dancing and just show itself.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1