Herbie Logo Changed

Mavric

7 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

But who's crazier?  The ones who think that Herbie is holding up a symbol used by white supremacists (even if may or may not be an internet hoax) or the ones getting all mad about Herbie changing the formation of 3 fingers because the University is bending the knee to the whole mob?  That's basically all that's being argued now.  I think both parties are crazy at this point. 

The answer is totally both!

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

17 hours ago, VectorVictor said:

Um…this isn’t cancel culture. This is dealing with a hand gesture that’s been appropriated by white supremacists…no matter how many times people claim “it was a hoax” and make excuses for white supremacists.

If you or anyone else are butthurt by this, then maybe instead of making excuses for people engaging in white supremacy because they support “your guy”, you should be pissed off at the white supremacists and should be working to get rid of them and their enablers…

Thanks for showing me the errors of my ways.  Let me change my statement, this had nothing to do with cancel culture and cancel culture is freekn awesome.  f#&% off white supremacist!   Is this better Joy Behar?  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, CAHusker said:

Thanks for showing me the errors of my ways.  Let me change my statement, this had nothing to do with cancel culture and cancel culture is freekn awesome.  f#&% off white supremacist!   Is this better Joy Behar?  

Well, cancel culture has been considered "freekn awesome" by Conservative Christians and the GOP for decades until the tables were turned, so this tracks with your predilections. 

• Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 2
3 hours ago, Savage Husker said:

Yeah I was waiting for someone gifted with gaps of logic to bring this up. 

This isn't the same thing--do better and quit with the "whataboutism". 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
18 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

Well, cancel culture has been considered "freekn awesome" by Conservative Christians and the GOP for decades until the tables were turned, so this tracks with your predilections. 

Um ok, but what's your point here?  Are you assuming my disliking of cancel culture only pertained to leftist ideologies?  You know I made a harmless statement about cancel culture, then you came back with some condescending garble about what I should really think and do.  What they hell do you care if I say I don't like cancel culture, seriously. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
43 minutes ago, CAHusker said:

Um ok, but what's your point here?  Are you assuming my disliking of cancel culture only pertained to leftist ideologies?  You know I made a harmless statement about cancel culture, then you came back with some condescending garble about what I should really think and do.  What they hell do you care if I say I don't like cancel culture, seriously. 

How's it even cancel culture though? There was a minor change to a logo to avoid a currently unsavory pop culture phenomenon, and if not for a press release no one would bat an eye. Herbie is still there, he's still a blonde hick in overalls, and he's still the main mascot.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 2