Herbie Logo Changed

Mavric

1 minute ago, ZRod said:

How's it even cancel culture though? There was a minor change to a logo to avoid a currently unsavory pop culture phenomenon, and if not for a press release no one would bat an eye. Herbie is still there, he's still a blonde hick in overalls, and he's still the main mascot.

Maybe not directly, but don’t you think it’s an evolution of it?  

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, VectorVictor said:

Well, cancel culture has been considered "freekn awesome" by Conservative Christians and the GOP for decades until the tables were turned, so this tracks with your predilections. 

1 hour ago, VectorVictor said:

Yeah I was waiting for someone gifted with gaps of logic to bring this up. 

This isn't the same thing--do better and quit with the "whataboutism". 

The guy calling people out on “what-about-ism.” You’re a joke who can’t even understand sarcasm.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
13 minutes ago, Redux said:

God I hate that the easily woke crowd let an internet troll make this a real thing.  So stupid.  I'm actually more offended that Herbie is now giving the #1 symbol now when that's pretty clearly not been the case for 25yrs.  Just false advertising.

Nor have things been "OK" so I think we're guilty of false advertising regardless of which gesture is used.

• Fire 1

Seems to me that the marketing department could have switched the hand gesture without telling anyone or just saying they see looking for an update since it’s been awhile and #1 fits into what the athletic department is trying to achieve.   

It was a self inflicted wound by them to go out and say they were trying to stay ahead of some non racist hand gesture.  

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Redux said:

I'm actually more offended that Herbie is now giving the #1 symbol now when that's pretty clearly not been the case for 25yrs.  Just false advertising.

But if we believe we deserve it, the universe will serve it.

7 minutes ago, CAHusker said:

How could I have fooled you, your so wise and of little outrage.  

Thank you young Padawan.

1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

Seems to me that the marketing department could have switched the hand gesture without telling anyone or just saying they see looking for an update since it’s been awhile and #1 fits into what the athletic department is trying to achieve.   

It was a self inflicted wound by them to go out and say they were trying to stay ahead of some non racist hand gesture.  

Honestly, I think the marketing department announcing this is best...kids these days want to go (play/work) for places that are pro-active in regards to things like this as opposed to silence 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
On 1/28/2022 at 8:58 PM, Crusader Husker said:

They need to replace Herbie with a blond bombshell wearing daisy dukes and a tube top.  Have her holding a corn cob making you wonder what she is going to do with it.  Call her Hannah Husker.

This is quite brilliant, but not replace - supplement. And to invoke rural vibes her name should be Haylie. Herbie & Haylie. Down the road they can have a fat baby boy swaddled in a red diaper with a white N on it. His name will be Husky.

• Plus1 1

Quoting one of our 22 year old black players... "This is just stupid.  The Karen's need to shut the f up...". 

I think people from many walks of life are tiring of the BS in our society.  However, I don't fault the school for making the change.  Just wish it hadn't been announced.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 2